Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 4:19:24 PM EDT
I've seen these advertised in pretty much every issue of SGN. Doesn't mention any manufacturer name or any other specifics. The price is very attractive.

So, what say you? Good or bad?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Never buy from Joeken.  Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
i hear bad stuff from members here on ARF

therefore i learn to avoid em and search elsewhere

considering the fact there are LOTS of other more reputable vendors and manufactures, dont always judge the price, but the QUALITY

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I think their Vulcan lowers anyhow aren't they?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are getting their lower for anything more than 100 bucks I would really suggest looking elsewhere.  There are so many vendors selling HIGH quality and proven lowers for less than 100 bucks now you might as well just pick one at random and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
RUN THE FUCK AWAY FROM JOE KEN

Joe Ken is notorious for selling items on their website that they don't actually have.  When they've collected enough money from individual sales only THEN do they place an order with their distributor.  The wholetime that you're calling to check the status of your order it's always "uh... we'll be shipping next Tuesday" even though that's the same thing they've told you for the last three weeks.

I talk from personal experience; I ordered a complete AR from them right after the AWB ended.  It took damn close to two months of thier promises before I finally got it, and then it was a post-ban upper with a fake/non-functional flash suppressor pressed on.  I had to threaten to get my credit card company involved and call their better business burea/local police before they agreed to swap out my upper for a no-ban version.  

Oh and they wanted me to pay out of pocket to mail my neutered upper back to them, and then pay the shipping costs to have the no-ban upper shipped back to me (which they specifically stated would be on the rifle when I first ordered it).  

There are far more reputable companies to deal with out there.  For the few bucks you might save with them you'd be way better off saving yourself the hassle of dealing with their bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
RUN THE FUCK AWAY FROM JOE KEN

+1
I've yet to hear a good word about them.  Supposedly they would take your money for a lower you wanted so they could buy a lower for the last guy that ordered one.  You would wait for quite a while to get your lower, until some other poor sap sends them money for his lower/AK/whatever, thats when Joe Ken would buy yours.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top