Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:53:07 PM EDT
The basic idea is to string a piece of cable between two trees, that a target on a pully system can run down so I can shoot at it.

Design challenges:

1. How to trigger the target pully moving.

2. Is there any way to not have it sloped down i.e. a gravity powered pully on which the target hangs

Any other design suggestions appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if this fits your application, as it is more geared toward precision rifle training, but I was watching a sniper program on the History Channel once, and an underfunded department came up with a pretty inventive and cheap way to train for hostage scenarios.  Basically, you tie two different colored helium filled balloons to an RC car; one color represents the hostage, another represents the perp.  The balloons are tied off with a length of string that would approximately simulate the height of a grown man, and since they're filled with helium, they float.  Then, one person operates the RC while the shooter must engage the hostage taker balloon before the RC driver gets both balloons behind cover.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Any other ideas?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top