Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2005 8:53:46 PM EDT
Do these latches damage the upper like the Generation 1 latches?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
My second favorite AR accessory.  No damage to my receivers as of yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
So you would say it is much better than the generation 1 latch?  Do you think a PRI latch would be better?  How many rounds have you had through irifles with tac latches?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
What is different about the newer catches?  How can you tell the old ones from the new ones?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
dennysguns,

what part/area of the latch are using the dremel on?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The Gen2 is the perfect latch. Low profile but an improvement over the original. It doesn't torque the weapon like the Gen1 does.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So you would say it is much better than the generation 1 latch?  Do you think a PRI latch would be better?  How many rounds have you had through irifles with tac latches?

All three latches now have the same style catch on them.  None of them will damage the upper now.  It just becomes a matter of which you prefer.

I now just call the Badgers Model 1 and Model 2.

I took new pics and put them in my EE ad but I will post them here for the sake of clarity.

Bager Ordnance Latches
globaltactical.com/_img.upload/BOTH%20TAC%20LATCHES%20CLOSE%20UP.jpg

PRI Military Big Latch
globaltactical.com/_img.upload/PRI%20LATCH%20CLOSE%20UP.jpg

Hope this helps.
Denny

Hi Denny,

Just a quick question...what make of charging handle is used with your pre-installed Mod 2?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is different about the newer catches?  How can you tell the old ones from the new ones?

The original ones had a sharp hook that engaged the cocking handle notch in the receiver.  The new models, they have been around for over a year, have the squared off notch.

If you have an older version, no worries, 3 minutes with a dremmel and you have a new model

Denny

Hmm, I have a squared off hook, but the upper receiver is still getting a little bit more wear...

Other then that, a bigger latch makes it much easier to charge the rifle, i'd suggest getting one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top