Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:11:28 PM EDT
I noticed the action spring in the stock was making alot of noise that reminded me of a pogo stick.
It is clean and lubricated. Do I need to worry or just shoot? It is a Armalite A4. I really don't think it has always made that noise.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just shoot it, music to my ears...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
trust me after shooting it for awhile you will not notice it anymore, it will go away.

if it doesnt then theres no helping you.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
DUPE... SPRING NOISE
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I noticed the action spring in the stock was making alot of noise that reminded me of a pogo stick.
It is clean and lubricated. Do I need to worry or just shoot? It is a Armalite A4. I really don't think it has always made that noise.

Normal operation. Shoot it and dont worry!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What worked for me was to liberally lube the spring with gun grease (Riggs works great) -

dont 'pack' the grease but swab it  in there -

No more 'ppptttting' and no more vibration!

docgary
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Its supposed to sproing....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll trade you a mini-14 for your AR15,  I guarentee you will not hear that silly sprong noise...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I asked to same question some time ago. I don't like the sound either.
Tubb has spring than doesn't "SPOING".

CS Speedlocker Buffer Spring: http://www.zediker.com/tubb/sssmain.html
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top