Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:54:22 PM EDT
I picked up a Colt HBAR 20" upper this week with the 1-7 twist.   This is my first of this kind.  My other three AR's have a 1-9 twist.  
I am hoping to be able to shoot heavy grain bullets a bit more accurately with this new set-up.  
Are there any advantages to the 1-7 outside of the 68-77 grain bullet weight?  
How do these perform with light bullets such as the 55 grains or  even smaller?
Also, what is the cheapest quality heavy grain commercial ammo available now?  I have a few boxes of Hornady 75 grain TAP on hand, but it's a bit expensive for target plinking.
It seems the 1-9 twist is the most popular, I hope I am not going to be dissapointed with my 1-7 Colt!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Bushy 1/7.

With 77g Sierra MK, Ive gone out to 300yds but will go farther pretty soon after fall harvest when I get my long ranges back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Heavier bullets is the biggest benefit of the faster twist rate. You don't really want to shoot anything lighter than 55gr. though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top