Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:01:20 AM EDT
Don't buy a Trijicon Rlex unless you want to spend another $400.00 in 5-7 years.  

About 5 years ago I bought the Reflex RX01 6.5 MOA over the Aimpoint so I could be battery free for 15 years.  Well my Reflex has dimmed to the point that it I need to look for it when I look through the sight at night.  Day time with the fiber optic cable is great...it's a crisp clean perfect circle.  But at night its a completely different story, it's a little piece of a dot that loks fuzzy.

I called Trijicon and was told that  may as well just buy another Reflex due to the cost of replacing the tritium.  I was told that it was standard for the tritium to dim after several years.  The 15 year warranty is only good if the tritium doesn't work at all.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.  Aimpoint for me.

Max
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna have to check my reflex II out tonight.  It's only about four years old, however.

My tritium iron sights are now ten years old, and are quite dim.  

My TA01 is now about eight years old, and is still bright enough to be useful.

I thought that Trijicon only charged $40 to replace the tritium?  Was I mistaken?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Customer service said that they can not "re-lamp" a reflex sight.  They will not refurbish the reflexes.  I wish I knew that before I blew $500.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
No kidding.  Considering the negatives that the sight already has, I wouldn't have wasted my time. money.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll stay away...  Thanks.

I've always liked the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
sob, I wanted one of those
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sob, I wanted one of those

I'm selling mine .........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one in Iraq for a while, but I took it off because it did not work well.

Not because of the tritium, that was fine.  It's because all of the coatings on the lens make it have a dark tint, and then it gets dust on the back side of the glass.  It becomes a large, occluded eye sight.

It's a bitch to clean off, too, because the lens is pretty deep in that tunnel.  I swapped it out for an aimpoint, for lack of an eodtech.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My TA01 is now about eight years old, and is still bright enough to be useful.

I thought that Trijicon only charged $40 to replace the tritium?  Was I mistaken?

Trijicon charges that to replace the tritium in an Armson OEG. Replacing the tritium in an ACOG costs $250 last time I looked (the whole lamp assembly must be replaced).
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang, I guess I'll stick with EOTech and possibly Aimpoint.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I like my EOTech so much (512 rev F) that I just bought a second!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Im glad I read this thread, guess I will get the Aimpoint after all.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top