Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:59:24 PM EDT

Sorry this pic is so big, but I was wondering if anyone had any info on this device? It is made
of aluminum and has two pins that activate the trigger both when pushed and pulled. You must
remove the trigger guard for it to fit on the rifle. It was on a rifle I bought about ten years ago,
and I don't know who made it or when, the only other one I've seen was a different version
that was on a Mini-14. I tried a search of the patent number on the unit but that netted nothing
useful, so anything that can be offered will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
where does that thing go, rep30?

is it a replacement trigger, or a FCG insert?

very odd. Interesting concept though (a trigger push/pull)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag cause I would like to know about it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks to me like one of those scam devices that claims to bump fire for you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Never seen one of those before, there are so many AR related devices out there today. That is a very odd looking piece, I would like to see a pic with it installed on your weapon if at all possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
i played with an idea like that a while back with little luck.
never thought anyone would get a pat. for something like it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The way it was on the rifle I bought it on was you remove the grip and trigger guard
and this thing goes in it's place. It has a hole in it for the spring and detent, just like
the standard AR grip. The set screw in the upper side of the grip is to adjust the play
in the trigger to actuator pins and the pins have rollers on them so there is no wear
marks on your trigger. If adjusted right when you pull the trigger, the bottom pin works,
and when you push, the top pin works. So, yes it would be a bump fire type of thing,
and when I got it, I couldn't get but three to five rounds at the most to fire so I used
it as a pull only trigger until I could get the standard parts to relpace it. IIRC I didn't
even close my bolt until I was ready to fire because if it was adjusted snug enough to
work right, you could fire the weapon putting your hand in the actuator arm. I am also
curious as it has no markings as to who made it or when, who marketed them and how
much did they go for. I asked the dealer at the fun show about the one he had on a
Mini-14, and he told me it was a winter trigger, so I know he didn't know anything on
them either. I will try to get a good pic of it installed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, I will try to get this pic thing to work. Here is a pic of it on a Oly carbine, taken
with a better camera, hope it works.
Sorry about that, now if I can just make them smaller.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It's called " The Ultimate."  I got this info from Duncan Long's book " the AR-15/M16 source book.    Here is what it says on page 196.

A similar mechanism is the ultimate,  Wich consists of a pistol grip that replaces the standard grip.  Once in place, a long lever on the unit is cycled by the shooters fingers, causing the triger to be tripped by a small cam in the mech. bothed when pulled and pushed, firing two shots during the time one normaly takes place.  By cycling the lever quickly short bursts can be fired.  The
Ultimate costs $130.

Above this paragraph is a picture of exactly what you have.

It doesnt say who manufactured this product but there is a list of accesary manufacturers in the back of the book.  Maybe one of these is the company.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
looks like a great conversation and collectors piece.......

how much you want for it? pm me if you wanna sell it...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you could put your hand in it and fan it back and forth.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
That's some neat info, and Wow, 130 bucks. Seeing how I've had this thing for close
to 15 years or so, the price is probably why there isn't more of them around. Back
then a $130 accessory was something like a scope or mags and ammo and not a toy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top