Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:56:56 PM EDT
I bought my AR rifle during the mid 90's, as a parts gun. The lower is an Eagle Arms EA-15 (Coal Valley), and it is mated to an unmarked A1 receiver and 20" barrel. The rifle functions just fine,  but I thought I would "upgrade" it by replacing the upper with a newer type. I tried test-fitting a Rock River upper this evening, but the two pin holes did not match up, and there is a noticeable gap between the two sections. Does anyone know what brand upper should fit with this lower?
thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have to actually try them.. Most SHOULD fit, but if they dont you can always work the upper a bit to make it fit..

Dont modify the lower.. Work on the upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I could be wrong, but for a while RRA uppers were having trouble fitting other brands of lowers.  I've read about this a million times, and we had to do a little work to get my dads upper to fit his E.A. (Essential Arms, not Eagle) lower back in the ban days.  I think most other brands should work. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Coal Valley Eagle arms lower, excellent quality.

All in spec uppers should work.

Thus far I have tested the following on mine

Bushmaster A3
Colt A2
CMT A3

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top