Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:46:57 PM EDT
I am collecting for my next build and have a question. I want a super sleek AR. No forward assist, full float tube as long as the barrel! (gas block underneath) and maybe a Socom stock. What would be the sleekest closest optic to the flat top sight? Think no snag here! Holosight?? Can anyone help me out with pics of similar AR's? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search for space guns.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
and no, Stick isn't being sarcastic!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, NO TOPIC found was the reply. Was hoping somebody might have one in their collections of AR's. Most modified AR's have enough stuff mounted on them that they would catch every snag etc. Here is why I want one. I live on a farm and coyotes never show up at oppurtune times. They seem to ignore me when I am on the tractor during hay season etc. SO,,, I want one I can slide real easy in and out of a scabbard type setup that is short and smooth. My float tube is 14 inches long so that is good for my purpose, just have'nt got all the rest of the goodies yet. What about optics though??
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You can mount an m2 on the tractor :)

Seriously though, I think with a proper scabbord, you should be able to access the weapon fine enough with conventional designs.  Guess I dont really have that much experience with your problem.  What parts exactly snag for you?  And what scabbard?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
While I agree with the above, an eotech is probably the sleekest optic.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
toxic,

You haven't tried using a standard AR15 yet have you?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I have!! I actually have 2 lowers that will get built. One is slated for a good old A2. I just want the sleek one for something different. This disease is getting to me.  To many possibilities,it keeps me up at night mulling over what to do next
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Think no snag here! Holosight??

Homer:  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm EOTech...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Take a look at Compass Lake Engineering space guns.

www.compasslake.com/space.htm

Fulton Armory have some kind of space looking target adjustable stock.

fulton-armory.com/

ETA: Almost forgot JP Enterprises

www.jprifles.com/
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's my solution to your dilema..........either the rifle or the dog.  Both will work fine against coyotes.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
How long is that barrel!! That is the stock I want to put on it. My float tube is 14 inches long. Nice clean gun you have there! Nice dog to.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Toxic:

It's a 16" Olympic Arms SUM barrel with a Les Baer gas block hiding under the custom length Hyperform carbon floating handguard.  The gas block is located at the standard "carbine" location on the barrel, but the tube is about 2.5 inches longer than a "normal' carbine length.

The upper receiver is also a Les Baer item with no Forward Assist.  Buttstock is an ACE Ltd full length.  Pistol grip is a Hogue.

The scope is a Leupold 4.5 x 14 Vari-X III on Leupold steel tactical rings.  

The dog is my psycho Dalmation.  Way too hyper!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top