BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:03:46 PM EDT
DPMS VS DSA AR15:
-24 inch SS barrel
-1/8 twist

Only difference I'm aware of is the DSA .223 vs. DPMS 5.56/.223 chambering.

Please feel free to give me your $.02 on these two choices.

Also, any experiences with either / both would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody...?

Basically a .223 vs 5.56/.223 question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I am very happy with my DPMS AR15s, and I am very happy with my DSA FALs. Both are good quality.

So I would buy which ever rifle you can get the best deal on.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to shoot NATO spec ammunition? If so, get the NATO spec chamber.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Save yourself some $$$, and learn how to build them yourself, in the end you'll end up with exactly what you want, instead of buying and customizing it, your not to stupid to do it, if you are, DPMS, there cheaper, DSA is on the high side for about the samething.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#5]
As far as the configuration goes, thay are both set up how I would want anyway. I would want to shoot cheap-o ammo and also be able to benefit from .223 match ammo.
I wasn't sure how much accuracy would be lost putting .223 match through a 5.56 mil spec barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top