Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:14:58 AM EDT
I have noted at the YHM site that they have a Phantom Comp/Brake.  How long is it and how effective, they even have a combo FH/brake.  Any reccomendations for a 16" shorty?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like the look of the phantoms...I also really like the vortexs.

I have a phantom on my 20in AR and it does a great job of hiding the flash and it looks evil.

This phantom: Phantom 5C1 Comp/Flash Suppressor is only different than a regular phantom because the bottom port is closed...thus not kicking up dirt when shooting prone. Length wise they are about 2 1/4 in.

Heres a great site to see the effectiveness of different flash hiders
www.silencertests.com/flash.htm

If I were you I'd go with either a phantom or the vortex...either one looks killer and does a very nice job.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
+1

I have both the Phantom model 5C1 (flat front) and 5C2 (serrated front) models and they're similar to the A2 FS except longer.

I like the Vortex too, they're both top in performance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
i like the phantoms and the vortex

if you think the phantom comp is what you like then get and try it out, afterwards let us know how it works
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 How long is it and how effective, they even have a combo FH/brake.?

Are you looking for effectiveness as a flash hider or as a brake?
The 5C2 works effectively as a flash hider, and has some compensating effect as the ports do not direct any gasses downward. I have one on my SPR and like it.

Most brakes don't do much to supress a flash.  Many actually bring it right up into the line of sight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking for a brake, I shoot funzies 3-gun and barrel jump makes a second shot a re-sighting process.  A FH and brake would be wonderfull.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I am curious if it is ATF approved.  I live in the PRNJ and need something on the end of my barrel.  Sorry to hijack.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Of course its approved, its a brake/comp. not a flash-hider.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top