Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:35:54 AM EDT
Would a used M16 upper work on a 15? This would be legal right?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you have one of those Colt lowers that uses a none milspec pivot pin, yes a M16 upper would work.  In fact there's no difference between an M16 upper and a AR15 upper.

And yes it would be legal, state/local laws apply. But since you're in TX you're OK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Unless you have one of those Colt lowers that uses a none milspec pivot pin, yes a M16 upper would work.  In fact there's no difference between an M16 upper and a AR15 upper.

And yes it would be legal, state/local laws apply. But since you're in TX you're OK.

awesome...now i just need to find where i could get older parts with the anodizing worn off...Dace has got me all excited on the Build It forum with his master refinishing project. I'd probably save a lot of money and have fun redoing a whole gun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're looking for a complete M16 A1 upper, CDNN has a few choices for decent price you may want to check them out:
www.cdnninvestments.com/aftermarket.html
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you're looking for a complete M16 A1 upper, CDNN has a few choices for decent price you may want to check them out:
www.cdnninvestments.com/aftermarket.html

thanks for the link but when i say thoroughly used, i mean like 80% of the finish worn off....a real piece of work =)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
you mean like this one?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#6]
YA!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#7]
What's "worn" about that rifle's finish? It's just starting to look like its broken in properly
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#8]
That looks like the M16A2's we issed to the sheeple for SAFS at Camp Perry this year.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#9]

What they said. Here's my Colt M16A2 upper on a Colt MT HBAR lower (both small pivot pins).

It's a M16A2 clone with all Colt parts except for the Les Baer A1 type grip.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top