Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 2:21:02 PM EDT
I have a 14.5" M4 barrel with a perm mounted Phantom.  I was wanting to add a full floating 12 rail (LaRue or DD) , but since I have the perm Phantom I have to remove my front sight.  Catch 22.

Can I just cut off the front sight base above the gas tube?  will I be able to slide the barrel nut off and the new one on?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The inside diameter of the barrel nut is a little larger than the threaded part of the upper I dont think it would clear thje end cap and bayonet lug.Even if the lug was off it might not fit.Sell off your old barrel and get a new one with threaded muzzle like a 16"
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Couldnt I cut off the handgurd cap as well?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess you could.I would take off the barrel and measure the inside of the nut then take a measurement in front to see if it clears once the cap is off and the FSB shaved of.Dremel with carbide cutting wheel will do it.You may also have to take the bayo lug off as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top