Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:04:20 AM EDT
I put the sleeve on my AR and the factory guards fit pretty tight.  Are there any railed handguards that will fit with this tube?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The primary purpose of this type of sleeve is to acheive the accuracy of a free float while maintaining the appearance of a stock AR.  They are generally used by DCM shooters.  Many railed forearms are already free floating, and would not be compatible with the sleeve.  YHM and Surefire (and many others, I am sure) make two piece handguards with rails that do not free float the barrel, and may work with your sleeve.

You could always purchase the add-on rails from Samco, etc, that bolt on to the handguards.   Not to be critical, but once you factor in the cost of the sleeve and the railed handguards, it is probably cheaper to buy a FF forearm.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless I am mistaken, for service rifle matches I need to use the standard type handguards on the rifle.  I was hoping to find a pair of railed handguards which I could switch out for matches.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a link to a pair of YHMs that I referred to in my earlier post:

YHM 2-Piece Handguards

Edit to add:  If standard handguards fit on the tube, these should fit as well.  If not, you may have to break out the Dremel.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool....thanks for the link.  I figured on a little dremel time as a tiny bit was needed on my factory handguards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top