Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 5:35:18 AM EDT
When did Colt start making/supplying six position M4 stocks?? All the new Colt 6920's that have come through my store have been four position. I know that CMT/Stag has a six position milspec stock & tube but I thought that they were it. All advice, info & replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
my 6450 came with a 4pos stock
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]
All of the Colt Gen. II stocks are 4 position, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
All Colt gen. II buffer tubes are 4 position. You can get a 6-pos. mil-spec tube from CMT and slide a Colt stock body on it, but Colt doesn't make anything over 4 position.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Factory COLT does not offer a buffer tube over four positions. Alot of people and dealers always call CMT parts "COLT" being they make or have made parts for them in the past. It was a kind of instant "Brand recognition" for CMT parts when they started to show up all over the market. I have no complaints with CMT parts, they are very nice. I have 2 factory COLT 4 POS tubes and 2 CMT 6 POS tubes. They seem to be both the same except for the 2 additional holes. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Vltor tube on one of my guns now & love it. Great machining & finish. I've got two Colt tubes that I also like but I prefer the 2nd postion on the 5 & 6 position tubes over the 2nd position on the 4 position tubes. When I add the rubber butpads to my Vltors it gets a little too long. I was wondering about a CMT for the next build but had never handled one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:04:50 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a 6 position Colt stock !!!!!!!

i set it up in my mill & made two more holes..., so as to better fit my needs !!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top