Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 9:16:23 PM EDT
title...
I really need to know because I dont want to sell my rear sight!!!

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not think so. The ARMS rail was designed to accomodate only ARMS BUIS. There is a notch / protrusion at the end of the rail that may get in the way of a Troy Buis.

IMO
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what i was thinking, but at the same time, looking at the arms and the troy they both have a cutout in them, making them both look like they would work.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thats what i was thinking, but at the same time, looking at the arms and the troy they both have a cutout in them, making them both look like they would work.

Hmmm, I am not really sure in that case. I don't have a Troy BUIS myself. I was just speaking from my experiences with ARMS.  But from what i have seen, I think the Troy BUIS is "thicker" than ARMS. Thus it may still not fit under the ARMS rail.

I hope the other guys will chime in soon to help you out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Matt, if you end up needing an arms sight, and want to trade the troy, let me know and we'll work something out. I'll add cash.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
this is good to know for the future, because I will be getting a sir(not soon, because I just got a middie with a DD rail) but for my SBR build itll come in handy.

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]
dsg2003gt
The Troy is a real close fit, but it  would require slight material removal from the rear of the ARMS (much less then you would think), or you could notch the Troy BUIS in front (it maybe better to grind on a $100 sight, then a $300 rail).
I'd keep the Troy over the ARMS 40 or 40L. I have all three types (plus a Matech) and the Troy is far superior IMO.

I can email you photos of the Troy with an ARMS 50 if you like. (I'll have to take take them, or I'd post them now)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
now you have got me in a pickle. I was going to sell the troy rear and buy an arms rear. I did not end up getting the sir because I didnt have the money allotted. Instead I got a troy mrf-c and a RRA middy upper with daniel defense rifle rail and lo-pro gas block.

more than likely I will go with the arms SIR on my 10.5 or 14.5 CQB gun. Love the way the SIR balances the weapon.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top