AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 8:14:23 AM EDT
Maybe the wrong forum but so be it.

NEVER FORGET!
members.cox.net/classicweb/email.htm
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a new monument dedicated to those who lost their lives.AFAIK it's the only monument in Europe.

Memoria e Luce
9/11 Memorial

Memoria e Luce is a memorial in Padova, Italy for victims of the 9/11 attacks in New York City. The memorial features a twisted steel beam salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center and donated to the Regione de Veneto.
The light of Liberty shines through the Book of History. This Book is open to the memory of the heroes of September 11, 2001. The eternal affirmation of Freedom is inscribed on the Statue of Liberty, as seen by million of emigrants coming to America. In the left-hand page, is inscribed the dramatic beam salvaged from the World Trade Center attack. The latitude of New York is connected to the centre of Padova as the vertical hinge of the Book. The Book is luminous, as is the low and expressive wall which creates an intimate place for meditation. The luminosity of this 'beacon' will be modulated in subtle rhythms. The Book is delicately balanced between the historical buildings of Padova, the bridge, the waterway. The proposal also includes the re-discovery of the historical masonry wall in the creation of a place that is both memorable and uplifting. This special place will glow day and night, and throughout the seasons of the year.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a topic near and dear to me, as I witnessed firsthand the horrors that happened that day and the following weeks. It upsets me that so many people have forgotten what happened that day. Its hard to fathom exactly the magnitude of the devastation that happened on 9/11 from seeing it on television, just as I am sure most don't truly understand the extent of the destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina. I hope that today, everyone will take a moment to think about exactly what that day meant to our nation and its future, as well as to think of the families of and the victims of heroes that perished that day. Yeah, maybe this is technically the wrong forum, but I don't think that anyone would care.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is a topic near and dear to me, as I witnessed firsthand the horrors that happened that day and the following weeks. It upsets me that so many people have forgotten what happened that day. Its hard to fathom exactly the magnitude of the devastation that happened on 9/11 from seeing it on television, just as I am sure most don't truly understand the extent of the destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina. I hope that today, everyone will take a moment to think about exactly what that day meant to our nation and its future, as well as to think of the families of and the victims of heroes that perished that day. Yeah, maybe this is technically the wrong forum, but I don't think that anyone would care.

Well said Sarge.  Thank you.

We can never forget!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
We searched with our cadaver dogs at the request of the NYPD.  This was recovered 22 Sept 2001 and was from the remains of the WTC Two Observation Deck.

Between World Financial One and Two facing the ruins of WTC One and Two:

I'll never forget, even if I wanted to...

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
New to the forum, but I might add "Lest we forget".

Am a member of our local EMA and our exercises have shown over and over that when "it" hits the fan, you cannot count on anyone but yourself for the first several days.

Proud owner of a 16" Bushmaster A2, with A1 sights and a soon to be 16" Bushmaster V-Match, for adding optics to later.  Planning to keep both as simple as possible.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
All gave some, Some gave ALL -May God Bless our fallen and our Brothers

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top