Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 7:23:53 AM EDT
I was poking around on gunbroker and was able to win an M16A1 complete upper (looks brand new from the pics) complete with bolt, carrier, and charging handle for $305! the seller offered me two for 600 shipped.

Here is my issue, I have no use for two uppers (especially since I only have 1 preban lower) so I am thinking of doing one of two things, turning the guy down, or buying both which would really stretch my budget and then resell it for a profit. Wht do you guys think I should do, or do you think there are other options I have missed? I thought about offering it to someone here  to go in on the deal with me but were I to do that I would not want them to just go and turn around and sell it for profit, I'd prefer it go to someone who's hard up for cash and or on a very limited budget as I am. Oh, and pictures of course will follow as soon as I see it myself!

Steve
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy them both...that is a really good deal...I got my slabside upper for $160+$10 shipping and that came with the stock body, pistol grip, and CH. He also offered me an entire package with chrome bolt/bolt carrier and stock internals along with the upper, PG, and CH for about $300 or so but I was tight on cash. Don't let good deals like this pass you by!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll take the 2nd one, if you want to go halvsies. Sending Email.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]
There are plenty of people here who will pitch in so you can get the best deal on yours.  see if he has any more and will sell them in bulk.  maybe you can get 5 for 275 a piece.  Just get some of these guys to help you with the purchase.

Just an idea.  I don't have any money, so I can't take part...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#4]
buy both......then sell one for a nice and tidy profit, that will make the one you keep even cheaper.........you don't get many deals like that, jump on it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a bunch of refurb M16A1 uppers on the market now. seen plenty on Gunbroker, got one myself a few weeks ago.  These are quite a bit cheaper then the as new take offs CDNN was selling, but not the same thing either.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ekie, what do you mean refurbed? This is for a shooter so as long as it works and they are all USGI parts I am happy. Can you go into detail as to what entails one of these refurbed uppers.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
For the price you are talking about that is a really good deal, even for a refurb.  When I say refurb, I mean to say they appear to be arsenal recondition.  Refinished steel parts, new extractor springs/buffers and handguards, and the upper receivers have some sort of spray on coating, typically black.  Most of them are made of parts that are mix and match, as in not factory original.  And you bet they would make great shooters, and all USGI.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Ohh, thats not a problem at all. This upper isn't black, it's still colt grey, to the point where the parked rear sight is very easily differentiated from the rest of the reciever. Thanks alot Ekie, I'm quite pleased with this deal.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Black is typical, but I have seen them redone in gray.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top