Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:03:33 AM EDT
Ok.  So I have a Bushy that I built with flattop and removable carry handle that is a plain jane 20" chrome lined barrel with standard handguards that shoots very well with a 1/9 twist.  I also have an ACOG TA01 for the build.  I am going to do one of two things:

1.  Put my ACOG on my Bushy upper and an M5 KAC RAS with forward vertical grip following what military is currently using, so it would be your basic A4gery pattern rifle.

2.  Pick up a 20" wilson SS 1/8 SPR type barrel from adco KG coated black and an ff DD 12.0 or LT FF forend and get the set screw windage adjustable A2 style front sight that ADCO offers, then mount it to a flattop upper and put my ACOG on that.  This would still be A4geryish when I put the KAC handguard panels on the FF tube but would also be closer to a SPR type build.  

You guys that have A4gerys or SPR type rifles give me some input on which route I should go and if your happy with yours.  I will be using the rifle as a range toy mostly, and also some groundhog hunting.  Longest distance I will be shooting is up to 300 meters.  Also, before anybody says it, I cant get both right now!!  I love living by that ARFcom saying as much as anybody, but right now cash flow wont allow it.  Thanks for your suggestions!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Ekie has got a nice A4gery
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My vote is for the SPR.

My new SPR...
http://home.comcast.net/~azrael2004/images/SPR/SPR1.jpg

I built this with the White Oak 18" SS Barrel from ADCO KG Koted black.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input and the pic thread link guys.  Couple of questions.  M24shooter, is the RAS 5 solid enough for that Aimpoint to hold zero well?  AZrael2004, what kind of accuracy are you getting out of that WOA barrel and does it seem to feed as reliable as a CL military type barrel?  Is the KG finish holding up well?  Also, does anyone know if the WOA barrels are all Wylde chambered?  I do most of my shooting with 5.56 NATO, so I dont want a 223 SAMMI chambered barrel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it holds zero just fine.  The caveat is that I'm using GI ammo and shooting at E types and similar targets.  IF you want to shoot bulls against benchrest guys, it might not hit that level of accuracy.  But I've never had any probs with my M5 and the M68.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Jsig,
I just finished the build and had it out the first time last weekend. Ran some SS109 through it doing the barrel break in and then sighted it in with Black Hills.
The accurracy was 1/2 MOA or less with Black Hills 77gr Blue Box ammo at 100yds.
When I initially sighted in the scope at 50 on clean cardboard and target, I thought I missed shots 2 and 3 of the sightin group. When I looked closer I found they were just making the first hole more ragged. I only got to put 40 rounds of Black Hill through it, but hope to get out again in the next few weeks.
As far as the KG Kote, not enough time to tell. But it withstood the assembly process very well.
As for function, the thing ran like a clock and smooth as glass from the very first round.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top