Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:19:05 AM EDT
Does anybody know the exact color of a colt sp1 r6000 1979 issue. Because i have a colt m16a1 upper that I need a lower to match colors. Thanks for all answers!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Taken from http://molyresin.com/molyresin_about.asp ........

GRAYISH-BLACK Flat
Dark gray-black coloration with a flat appearance. This duplicates the appearance of the early original Colt AR-15/M-16 finish. This is the same product that is purchased from us by the U.S. Military to refinish Colt M-16's.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Taken from http://molyresin.com/molyresin_about.asp ........

GRAYISH-BLACK Flat
Dark gray-black coloration with a flat appearance. This duplicates the appearance of the early original Colt AR-15/M-16 finish. This is the same product that is purchased from us by the U.S. Military to refinish Colt M-16's.

Yeah; but the problem is that it doesn't refinish them the same color they originally came in.

Re the original question, the colors will probably be close, but even brand new Colt SP1s and 2s often came with slightly mismatched colors, so there's no guarentee.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased  an M16A1 upper from CDNN.  I wonder if the gray-black would be good for my DPMS lower to match the colors up better?  8oz. bottle enough?

thx,
ric
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top