Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2005 1:17:54 PM EDT
I enjoy looking at the variety of pictures, which helped me put my Colt together.
Can the experts out there tell me if this is a R6520?  The "AR15/M16 Sourcebook" states it should have an A1 style rear sight.  I thought the sight on my rifle was an A2.  Also, the
receiver is flat, no fence.  Last, is it common for Colts to have a slight variation in color between the top and bottom?
I may not be in the proper forum for these questions, but thank you for responding.

[ img]img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/casey63/DSC06143.jpg
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If someone can help with the picture, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
<<< duplicate pic removed >>>

"Snaked" by 9 seconds...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice gun!

Beat you to it hardshell!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
[ IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/casey63/DSC06143.jpg
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
<<< duplicate pic removed >>>

"Snaked" by 9 seconds...

LOL
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you Jake
What am I doing wrong as far as the picture?  (be nice)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I pretend no expertise on Colt model numbers after the SP1s and 2s; but I can tell you that Colt has always built their pieces with whatever was leftover from previous military contracts, and changed when they ran out of the old stuff.  For example, early SP2 carbines had the first model coated aluminum butts,and when thry ran out, they simply switched over to the (at that time) newer fiberlite type.

I can assure you however, that mismatched upper/lower colors has been a Colt "trademark" forever.  This would be especially true on a piece using a newer A2 type upper on a flatside lower that was probably made several years earlier, when Colt was still using a lighter colored final finish on it's ARs.

Your exact model number info will have to come from someone else, though. I haven't the foggiest
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]

I am also no expert on Colt's, but do own a Sporter II rifle.  On my rifle, both upper and lower receiver finish are a "Sporter Dark Gray" match.  It does have A1 type rear sights (not the A2 rear sights that has windage/elevation knobs), no case deflector, teardrop forward assist, no mag release fence, 1/7 20" NATO barrel (HBar from front of FSB to muzzle - Gov't profile from barrel nut to rear of FSB) with A2 FH.

HTH

ETA: Photos borrowed from GunBroker.com.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
compml2  Welcome.    

Nice Colt.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a sweet looking rifle compml2!

Quoted:
Thank you Jake
What am I doing wrong as far as the picture?  (be nice)

You aren't using a complete address for the picture.

In your original post you need to add (/img) at the end of the address. Replace the parenthesis with brackets [ and ]. In you second attempt you have an extra space between the first bracket and the IMG.

With Photobucket left click once on the address in the IMG box (it'll highlight), right click - copy, then paste the address into your post here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice carbine. Yours is probably a newer version of my former Sporter II carbine with A1 sights.

I also had a Sporter II rifle that looks just like member guam50's rifle.

My former Colt ARs are:

SP1 ('71)
Sporter II with A1 sights, A1 FA, slabside
Sporter II Carbine with A1 sights, A1 FA, slabside
AR-15A2 HBAR A2 sights, slabside
Sporter II with A2 sights, mag fence
Lightweight Carbine A2 sights, slabside

I sold both Sporter IIs to buy the A2 HBAR, Sporter with A2 sights and a Lightweight CAR.

My former guns ran good except for rare FTF which I just quickly cleared (only the HBAR) and kept on shooting.

Currently I have a Colt MT HBAR with a Colt M16A2 upper, Colt 6721 A3 Tactical Carbine and a 16" M4 LMT Defender 2000 CAR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top