Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 12:59:02 PM EDT
I just bought a used RRA and it has the badger tactical extension thingy on the charging handle... its a good idea i guess but it sure gets in the way especially when using a 3point sling. I'd really rather have just a plain charging handle. Do i have to buy a new charging handle OR is there someway to take the badger tactial extension off and replace it with a normal latch... where do you buy the normal latch?
thanks,
jerry
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Drive out the rollpin holding the latch in place. Replace with standard.

Might I recommend the PRI Big Latch, though? I find it doesn't protrude enough to dig in, but gives a huge boost in manipulability.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
which  online stores that are contributors (or ones that the general populace here support) carry the standard or the big-latch?

thanks,
jerry
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do i have to buy a new charging handle OR is there someway to take the badger tactial extension off and replace it with a normal latch... where do you buy the normal latch?
thanks,
jerry

Try DPMS, Fulton Armory or Bushmaster. They may have the replacement part you want (ordinary latch).

As mentioned, to replace it, just tap the pin out. Carefully pull out the taclatch (there is a spring inside the CH), and replace it with a latch of your choice (ordinary latch or the big latch as recommended).
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch out!!

when you remove that poll pin, and pull the latch free, the spring is going to launch itself to who-knows-where!!

I have also gone to the PRI latch (mil. version) and recommend them 100%.

These are especially helpful with an optic-equipped weapon, since it makes engagement easier in a somewhat 'crowded' area

Check the industry section of the site, for MTSN, ADCO, G&R, or many other reliable sources

See one here
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#5]
+1

there is a spring behind that latch that would fly out if not careful.

adco
dennysguns
mstn
gandrtactical

all sell the pri military big latch.

with the std latch i would look in the equipment exchange or hell send me postage and ill send one to you for free.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top