Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:52:59 AM EDT
I was wondering which free floated quad rail system is best for the money...thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LaRue and Daniel Defense, in that order.

The DD tube is a bit lighter weight.  The LaRue has four true 1913-spec rails.  The DD rails at top and bottom are 1913-spec, but the sides are not.  That shouldn't make a difference when mounting things to the rails, but I mention it because it gives the LaRue rail a rounder profile while the DD is a bit slimmer (more of an oval shape).

I have some of both and like them both.  The LaRue does have a locking "key" to prevent the handguard nut from working loose.  If you torque the DD handguard nut properly it shouldn't work loose.  That said, I do like the key on the LaRue.  It also help make sure the tube's top rail is aligned with upper's rail.  

The DD is a two-piece tube that is welded.  The LaRue is made from a solid piece of aluminum.

The DD rail comes with some rail guards or covers.  The LaRue does not.

You won't go wrong with either.  

Ditto.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Word.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The DD tube is a bit lighter weight.  The LaRue has four true 1913-spec rails.  The DD rails at top and bottom are 1913-spec, but the sides are not.  That shouldn't make a difference when mounting things to the rails, but I mention it because it gives the LaRue rail a rounder profile while the DD is a bit slimmer (more of an oval shape).

I have some of both and like them both.  The LaRue does have a locking "key" to prevent the handguard nut from working loose.  If you torque the DD handguard nut properly it shouldn't work loose.  That said, I do like the key on the LaRue.  It also help make sure the tube's top rail is aligned with upper's rail.  

The DD is a two-piece tube that is welded.  The LaRue is made from a solid piece of aluminum.

Ditto.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Word.

uh- huh
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a Troy system for my AR6721 yesterday.  I am looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just ordered a Troy system for my AR6721 yesterday.  I am looking forward to regretting it.

Kidding, of course.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Word.

uh- huh

Yup
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
LaRue = Texas :-)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Darren and Jesse are in TX too :)

Grenadier Precision Web page

As soon as they have some for sale (LWRC bought the last batch), you should check it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Larue
Daniel Defense
KAC

Those are about all I'll consider anymore, in that order. If I ever had to have the uber tactical real fake short barrel, permanent muzzle BS, I'd get a two piece Troy set up. KAC's are so expensive that I don't even look at them anymore, but I still think they're a nice system.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Whats up with the C-more?I got one because I liked the slots it has that are diagonal.I have only seen one here in pics.is it just not the style or is it a weight issue
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Larue is the best rail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Larue is the best rail.

Truer words haven't been spoken.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top