Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:41:08 PM EDT
I found a nice looking used "pre-ban" Armalite M15A2 at a local pawn shop. Any idea what a good offer price would be? They have it listed at $750. Since it was at a pawn shop I figured it had to be too high
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk them down to $700 and sell it to a guy in a ban state for $750.

Just my opinion.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no such thing as a "pre ban" Armalite. Armalite from Geneso, IL is a "post ban" company, therefore they made no "pre ban" weapons. Please also note that the ban has since deceased and is no longer applicable unless it is a state ban, and since you are in FL, you are good to go. The only way you could have had a true "pre ban" Armalite rifle is if it was made when Armalite was still a subsidiary of Fairchild Republic and it would then be an AR 15 and most likely an automatic weapon, if not an extremely valuable collectors item. The M15 designation is "new" Armalite. Pre Ban has no bearing on most of us, and the ignorant still use this term and have no clue what it means, mainly gun dealers who understood attaching this term to an AR 15 made it automatically worth 1000.00. This isn't pre or post ban...its just an Ar 15...only regulated by the NFA. The price doesn't seem horrible for an authentic Armalite M15A2, however you should always try to do better. MAKE SURE it is not stamped Eagle Arms as there is a big difference, even though they are  or were a subsidiary of Armalite. There is a substantial quality difference. Newer Eagle Arms are garbage, worse than Olympic so be careful. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is no such thing as a "pre ban" Armalite. Armalite from Geneso, IL is a "post ban" company, therefore they made no "pre ban" weapons. Please also note that the ban has since deceased and is no longer applicable unless it is a state ban, and since you are in FL, you are good to go. The only way you could have had a true "pre ban" Armalite rifle is if it was made when Armalite was still a subsidiary of Fairchild Republic and it would then be an AR 15 and most likely an automatic weapon, if not an extremely valuable collectors item. The M15 designation is "new" Armalite. Pre Ban has no bearing on most of us, and the ignorant still use this term and have no clue what it means, mainly gun dealers who understood attaching this term to an AR 15 made it automatically worth 1000.00. This isn't pre or post ban...its just an Ar 15...only regulated by the NFA. The price doesn't seem horrible for an authentic Armalite M15A2, however you should always try to do better. MAKE SURE it is not stamped Eagle Arms as there is a big difference, even though they are  or were a subsidiary of Armalite. There is a substantial quality difference. Newer Eagle Arms are garbage, worse than Olympic so be careful. Good Luck.

I am aware of the ban expiring, but I didn't know Armalite was a "post ban" company. It was marked Armalite on the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ignore my first post, then. I forgot about the Armalite of today only coming into existence in the last ten years.

I think $750 would be a decent price for an Armalite with Bayo lug and FH.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top