Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
fatter than the colt and bushmaster r4s?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster doesn't offer M4 handguards.

Only CAR HGs.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
they have them on the M4 uppers they sell on the website, just dont sell them seperately it seems.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
none of the m4's i got from bushmaster as a complete rifle came with m4(oval) handguards
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
hmm well what about colt hgs? Actually i'll generalize it, are RRAs r4 guards fatter than most other m4 type guardS?

heres the bushy hgs im talking about...

RRAs

Colts
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hmm well what about colt hgs? Actually i'll generalize it, are RRAs r4 guards fatter than most other m4 type guardS?

heres the bushy hgs im talking about...
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/pre-ban/bura2b-14.5m4.jpg

the handguards pictured are carbine ones which arent the fatter ones.

i have no idea how the rra m4 stacks up with others but im sure they are comparable if they are acutally m4(oval) handguards
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm well Bushy calls these M4 "Oval" type, but the rras look fatter...lemme see if i can find a pic
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]
From the pics it looks like RRAs go almost halfway up the A2 handle, while the other two stay near the bottom
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the chance to shoot a 6920 and Entry Tactical in the same day couple of months back and I dont recall the RRA HG's being fatter than the Colts. If they were it wasnt by a large amount that I could notice.

I'm actually a fan of the Bushy skinny CAR style handguards, but I think I am in the minority these days
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had the chance to shoot a 6920 and Entry Tactical in the same day couple of months back and I dont recall the RRA HG's being fatter than the Colts. If they were it wasnt by a large amount that I could notice.

I'm actually a fan of the Bushy skinny CAR style handguards, but I think I am in the minority these days

I like them a lot, alot more than RRAs, and they say they fit on any shorty barrel..im assuming they mean a barrel setup as a CAR?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like them a lot, alot more than RRAs, and they say they fit on any shorty barrel..im assuming they mean a barrel setup as a CAR?

I mean this
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Ohhhh hahaha

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#12]
the picture of bushmaster's m4 handguards do not look correct.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the picture of bushmaster's m4 handguards do not look correct.

Dont know what to tell ya bro, its straight off their site  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Those are CAR HGs on the Bushy upper.

The RRA and Colt uppers have M4 HGs. The Colts look smaller because the opening on the detachable carry handle is smaller and located higher than an A2 carry handle opening, so it looks like they don't come as high up in relation to the carry handle hole.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The RRA and Colt uppers have M4 HGs. The Colts look smaller because the opening on the detachable carry handle is smaller and located higher than an A2 carry handle opening, so it looks like they don't come as high up in relation to the carry handle hole.

WIZZO

So they are the same size in fact?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:51:01 AM EDT
[#16]
The RRA looks like the same size as the Colts.  The finish on the RRA is more matte, and it does not have the double heat shield (which may not be a bad thing).  Plus it is cheaper.  I would have no problem using the RRA for a build, despite the fact I prefer Colt/CMT/LMT parts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Who cares ,you'll just find a nice rail to put on it anyways
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Who cares ,you'll just find a nice rail to put on it anyways

reason why i dont really care also
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

WIZZO

What he said.  I have a pair of the RRA R4 HG's on my rifle.  Meanwhile, I work at a gunshop and handle several Colts, including our post-sample M4, at my leisure.  I have never noticed a difference (feel-wise)  The Colts of course have dual heat shields that the RRA's don't, but that's really a non-issue.  So if you want M4 profile handguards, buy the RRA's and be happy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I was checking out some AR carbines for my first time a week ago and noticed the RRA had really fat handguards while the Bushmaster had slimmer ones. I didn't know the Bushmaster was farther from spec on the M4 handguard. I liked the Bushmaster handguard more, I can get my paws around it better.

Is there a heating up issue with the slimmer (Bushmaster) handguards?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#21]
The Bushmaster you handled had car handguards on it.  These are not the fatter M4 profle ones.  Unless you bumpfire all the time from a beta-c, heat will not be an issue.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The Bushmaster you handled had car handguards on it.  These are not the fatter M4 profle ones.  Unless you bumpfire all the time from a beta-c, heat will not be an issue.  

Got it,
thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top