Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:17:00 PM EDT
A dealer told me that all the "CMT" upper receivers that are for sale are acctually Stag and that CMT does not sell just the receivers to the public. Is this true or am I being fed a pile of K9shit?hinking.gif
I am putting my first build together and this is my first post so if its a stupid question be gentile with the newbie....Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag is CMT.   You can buy CMT uppers here in the EE.  Lots of dealers with competative prices.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Stag is CMT...i have built two complete rigs using stag lowers with CMT uppers....same thing....same guys.  I would recomend them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I may be mistaken but I always thought that CMT and STAG were the same company or at least the same family.
Welcome aboard Its wicked good to hear from a fellow Mainer
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that I should probably buy Bushyhe
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
CMT is some good stuff.

I bought an upper w/M4 ramps from Bravo Company in the EE. It matches my RRA lower really well.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I too think I have talked to that same guy, But I think he was just trying to sell me one of his Rock River Arms uppers. I have got a couple CMT uppers from Denny's Guns (in the industry forum) and they have been top quality and they ship out fast. Made me a very happy camper
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I know that I should probably buy Bushy but the deals I have seen on the CMT have been really good. I just thought it odd that this dealer, who advertises on this sight, would tell me "all those dealers that advertise CMT are selling Stag and its not as good. You should buy RRA from me." I also beleived that they were one in the same but when he said that I was a little confused. Thanks for the responses.

Last I heard, CMT makes RRA's parts too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CMT = Stag = great company!

CMT=Stag= buy from Bravo......

awesome company to deal with...I have only bought from Bravo and will continue.
Thanks Bravo......
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A dealer told me that all the "CMT" upper receivers that are for sale are acctually Stag and that CMT does not sell just the receivers to the public. Is this true or am I being fed a pile of K9shit?
I am putting my first build together and this is my first post so if its a stupid question be gentile with the newbie....Thanks for any info.

Stag is CMT... Stag is just the commerical entity of CMT.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a CMT upper (without M4 cuts) assy from G&R Tactical after looking at his ads at the EE.

It looks identical or even slightly better than my Colt LE M4 (with white T numbers) upper assy.

I'm planning to make it into a SPR for my next project.

I have heard a lot of positive comments about it from builders and in most of the forums.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Stag/CMT rocks
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Stag, There parts are top notch!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#15]
i got my cmt upper reciever from dennysguns
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i got my cmt upper reciever from dennysguns

+1.

My A3 CMT RAS marked upper receiver IS my avatar.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I know that I should probably buy Bushy but the deals I have seen on the CMT have been really good. I just thought it odd that this dealer, who advertises on this sight, would tell me "all those dealers that advertise CMT are selling Stag and its not as good. You should buy RRA from me." I also beleived that they were one in the same but when he said that I was a little confused. Thanks for the responses.

Hmmm, I wonder which dealer that might be?  If it is the guy I'm thinking of, then he should know that he chases off a lot of business with his nasty attitude towards other dealers in the EE.  Instead of talking up his products and service, he seems more interested in bashing his competitors who may not have a bricks and mortar shop.  I know that I won't buy anything from him.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Hmmm, I wonder which dealer that might be?

He would't have a NH accent, would he?  I called this particular dealer interested in a RRA flattop.  I wanted to know how it would match up to my BM.  Not knowing anything about my weapon, but that it was a BM, he suggested I sell my gun to a friend, "start over", and buy a RRA from him for about $850.  He said that BM just doesn't offer the same quality as RRA, and that because BMs come in about 4 different shades of black, don't buy parts from them.  
To keep on topic, I will add that I am now going with a CMT A3 from Denny .
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the site , you'll learn alot from this forum, again Welcome aboard

copdills
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's what a CMT/STAG upper (total rifle) looks like when you have WOA build one for you to your spec's - This one is LH, DCM float tube, Wilson SPR barrel, flat top manifold.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top