Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:08 AM EDT
I ordered four Colt 9mm buffers and and now having second thoughts.  I shoot mostly American Eagle 55 gr. and Hornady T.A.P.  55 gr. at 2980 fps.  Will the heavier buffer cause malfunctions with lower powered ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
My tungsten buffer which, IIRC, weighs the same as the 9mm buffer works 100% with Wolf poly.

Wolf is underpowered ammo and if it work with that it work with other SAAMI spec .223 ammo.  

As always YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have shot American Eagle 55 gr with my 9mm Buffer installed without a problem.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]

The only time I've ever had trouble using the H3/9mm weighted buffers and Wolf ammo is when I'm also running Colt M16 carriers and PRI Fat Boy gas tubes, and even then, it's only an occasional issue... If I swap out either the carrier or the gas tube the H3/9mm buffers function 100% with Wolf and Federal AE...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I ran one in a carbine with Wolf ammo and it worked fine.  Not a ton of rounds, but enough to say it's probably good to go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses.  I feel much better now!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses.  I feel much better now!

Feel even better....

I have shot TONS of wolf ammo thru my 16" bushy AR, and it was perfectly reliable.  I even didn't clean for 4,000 rounds of wolf, and I still didn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a little over 1,000rds (I think...I can't remember for sh*t) through my 16" M4gery with a 9mm buffer and it runs really well.

All I shoot is Wolf, so if it didn't work, I would have stopped using it by now

I just put a 9mm buffer in my mid-length build too. It's a dream to shoot with that buffer.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top