BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 4:58:11 AM EDT
I am setting up an LLC for buying suppressors, SBRs and the like.  I am going to form 1 an SBR lower and need some ideas for the company name which will be on the side of the lower.  Lets hear some ideas guys!  I cant think of a cool name.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
How about "The DevL's Own"?

BTW, I'm thinking about doing the same but I was wondering if the LLC or Corporation needs to be used for a legitimate business or is it completely legal to start a LLC or corp specifically for purchasing SBR's and sound supressors?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
how about a company named "this is not registered"? eyebrows will raise everytime
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Bambi Killer

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
New Orleans Hunting Club
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#5]
“Dealin’ with the DevL”
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#6]
SHTF INC.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]

DevL's Brigade
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#8]
STAR
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Blood, Bath & Beyond
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#10]
How about just initials to keep it simple.

DL

Something like that or add any other letters you like.

You also have to make sure nobody else have that name before you, so get some more alternate names.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BTW, I'm thinking about doing the same but I was wondering if the LLC or Corporation needs to be used for a legitimate business or is it completely legal to start a LLC or corp specifically for purchasing SBR's and sound supressors?

It is perfectly acceptable to do an LLC just for NFA items.  Its actually prefered so you dont have to report any taxes and cant have the assets seized in a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
How about ROP-Killer?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about ROP-Killer?

What is a ROP killer?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
New Orleans Hunting Club

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How about ROP-Killer?

Better yet... why dont you just put some SS lightning bolts on your rifle?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#16]
"High Speed, Low Drag" or

"Ban low performance shooters, not high performance weapons"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about ROP-Killer?

Whatever dude.  Lighten up.  

ETA:  Put something like FOR NON-LAW ENFORCEMENT AND GOVERNMENT ONLY, as opposed to all the LEO only crap.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is perfectly acceptable to do an LLC just for NFA items.  Its actually prefered so you dont have to report any taxes and cant have the assets seized in a lawsuit.

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what needed to know...

BTW, is there a limit to the number firearms that can be held by a LLC?  I'm also assuming that I can transfer all my firearms to a LLC to keep them safe as well, is this correct?

I see a new company forming, Boating Accident, Inc., LLC...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about ROP-Killer?

ETA:  Put something like FOR NON-LAW ENFORCEMENT AND GOVERNMENT ONLY, as opposed to all the LEO only crap.

I will probably end up using the rifle for LEO purposes.  That would look kind of odd I think.  I still dont know what a ROP killer is.  Did you mean COP killer?  That would have a totally different meaning used by LE. lol
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Janet Jackson.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#21]
"DVL Inc"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 for SHTF Inc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#23]
"MINE!"

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about ROP-Killer?

I will probably end up using the rifle for LEO purposes.  That would look kind of odd I think.  I still dont know what a ROP killer is.  Did you mean COP killer?  That would have a totally different meaning used by LE. lol

ROP-Killer as in Religion of Peace-Killer, or better known as the Muslims/Middle Easterners.

Id put *LAST NAME* Security, idk how that would work with a corp though?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#25]
"People Mover"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#26]
HAMMERTIME

get it...hammer...anyone? *chirp chirp*
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Martyr Machine Inc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#28]
"Property
Texas
Department of Public Safety".  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Scythe...  You know, like the grim reaper carries...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Poodle shooter
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Boom Stick
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#32]
what about just a symbol..
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#33]
This company name will end in LLC as my company is going to be an LLC.  Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#34]
How about "Bad Mutha F-er"  ?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#35]
How about "MY1*"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]
how about "owned"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Lucy
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Politically Incorrect LLC

or..

AWB Tamer LLC

or...

U wish it was yours LLC..

lol

2nd AMND LLC

Take That! LLC

damn, I could do this all night..

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:00:52 AM EDT
[#39]
LLC (Low Light Control)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Boom Stick

its about time!

+1 for above and i like
"thunder rod"
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Bug Out Inc.
Super6 & Assoc
CQB Inc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Huh?   What taxes do you have to report for owning a NFA item?  Also, how does that keep you from having assets seized in a lawsuit?

If you are personally sued a creditor can attach your interest in the LLC and get to the NFA item anyway.  If you are talking about a lawsuit related to an injury caused by the NFA item chances are the owner is going to be sued personally anyway because he/she was handling it at the time.  A LLC does not insulate the owner from liability if he was otherwise negligent.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?   What taxes do you have to report for owning a NFA item?  Also, how does that keep you from having assets seized in a lawsuit?

If you are personally sued a creditor can attach your interest in the LLC and get to the NFA item anyway.  If you are talking about a lawsuit related to an injury caused by the NFA item chances are the owner is going to be sued personally anyway because he/she was handling it at the time.  A LLC does not insulate the owner from liability if he was otherwise negligent.  

Have to file taxes related to the income of the LLC.  If you use it for real purposes you have to file taxes.  I want to keep that seperate.  If the company I use to sell widgets gets sued for defective widgets causing a slip/fall/paralyze they cant take my NFA stuff from me if its a seperate LLC.  Also they CANNOT get stuff in my LLC if I am personally sued.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#44]
How about "Peace Keeper Inc"?

The logo could be a peace symbol with an AR superimposed over the top of the symbol.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#45]
hookers and blow inc.

or...

the underwater bumpfire research group. LLC
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have to file taxes related to the income of the LLC.  If you use it for real purposes you have to file taxes.  I want to keep that seperate.  If the company I use to sell widgets gets sued for defective widgets causing a slip/fall/paralyze they cant take my NFA stuff from me if its a seperate LLC.  Also they CANNOT get stuff in my LLC if I am personally sued.  

If you are setting up an LLC for the sole purpose of holding NFA items then it won't generate any income to be taxable.  

If you have an ownership interest in a LLC your personal creditor can take your interest and your NFA item.  Owning a LLC is no different than owning any other asset -- it is subject to satisfy any judgment you get against you.  Is it an extra step to get the NFA?  Yes.  But it doesn't mean it can't be done.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are setting up an LLC for the sole purpose of holding NFA items then it won't generate any income to be taxable.  

If you have an ownership interest in a LLC your personal creditor can take your interest and your NFA item.  Owning a LLC is no different than owning any other asset -- it is subject to satisfy any judgment you get against you.  Is it an extra step to get the NFA?  Yes.  But it doesn't mean it can't be done.  

I have a sneaky plan to avoid NFA items being seizable in my LLC.  I cant disclose it in a public place.  They cant be seized.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#48]
One of my thoughts was Molon Labe, LLC  I kind of like SHTF too but its better as SHTF Inc and Im not doing a regular incorporation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#49]
"My Little Friend"
Picture of scarface

"Last Week's Paycheck"
Picture of jeans with empty pockets hanging out,
or

"MashBuster"
Picture of snake looking the other way

"Colf"
Picture of a Prancing Unicorn or something

"Gag Arms"
Picture of an antlered deer vomiting

"Armaheavy"
Picture of a Poodle jumping through the crosshairs

"Sasquatch Arms"
Picture of a Big Footprint

"FN Hurtsall"
Picture of a Bandaid

"Grissle Arms"
Picture of a poorly cut steak

"Leroy Machine and Tools"

Or instead of "Mega", you could have "Mina"

"Special Olympic Arms"
Of course, the handicapped symbol

O.K., O.K., I'll stop

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#50]
How bout "100% Sweat Shop Free" or "No Midgets Were Harmed In The Making Of This Rifle"?

Yeah, I'm messed up...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top