Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:32:09 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had tried RRA's Elevated Optical Platform (EOP) uppers and whether or not they are practical?  I'm not concerned about co-witnessing any irons, as this will be a scoped AR only, but would like to know if this makes just as much sense as getting high rings to put the scope at the right level?  Assuming the EOP puts the scope at the right height with the lowest rings I can find, might this be a more desirable setup over very high rings?  The little Leupold I'm going to put on it only has a 36mm objective, so I don't need clearance like I might with a 50mm objective.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
These are no different than the Hi-rise DPMS uppers which have been available for years. For a "scoped" AR I see no reason that these won't work just fine. I know many guys using the DPMS versions for their long range ARs.

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top