Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 1:08:48 AM EDT
Hey all, i'm a newb here building a M4gery thanks to the many insightful threads. I'm used to car forums, so I'm kind of stuck as I can't seem to find the "search" button on this forum interface.

Basically, i'm building a gun that will be great for fun days at the range, and a dependable rifle that will have a long life, and be able to be a SHTF weapon. The story so far...

Bushmaster Lower Receiver
Oly Arms LPK (it was missing the pistol grip screw, washer, and trigger guard roll pin. Gah!!!)
Oly Arms Collapsible stock
Hogue Grip.

Now i'm trying to get a reliable M4gery upper that will require minimal maintenance and will feed like champ. However, I have a very strict budget unless I want to eat instant noodles every day. What features are abolutely nessecary for a reliable faux M4? I've been told the M4 feed ramp is absolutely a must, but many manufacturers don't say whether or not they have them... I'm currently leaning towards getting a RRA tactical upper from one of the "industry partners" here, Legal Transfers. The EE doesn't seem to have something much to my style currently, which is a completed upper, or the added up parts coming in at $400. My budget is in the low ~$400 range, any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks for reading?

Cliff Notes: inexpensive, reliable upper. Where to go? Should be patient and scour the EE?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
"search" icon is right above you......

LMT or RRA uppers are the best bet for the $$$s right now imo

check w/ PK Firearms, C4 Grant, or Eaglefirearms.net (all in the industry) for great deals on uppers

i got my RRA midlength upper from EF (GREAT dealer btw) for $420; looking to get a 20in upper (complete) from PK soon....

a complete upper should run you ~$450 or less--not necessarily in M4 config, but w/ a 16 or 20in bbl

check em out, EM em or just pay close attention to the EE....

good luck
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget about CMT.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't forget about CMT.

Try Bravocompanyusa.com

They are a sponsor on this board and Paul is a standup guy.  He also has more expesive uppers if you can afford it.

Max
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my M4 14.5+Phantom from CMMG and I like it a lot but it cost more than $450. It is a different finish than my Stag lower, if you care about such things (I don't).  

Quite frankly, you've got a horde of good options, many supporters here. Bushmaster, CMMG, Bravo Company, ADCO, MSTN, etc. I don't know if ArmaLite is making M4 uppers.

Anyway, check around the industry forum and ask around until you get what you want at your price.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The CMT (Stag) M4 upper is a great deal.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to www.eaglefirearms.net and buy a Stag(CMT) M4 upper for $429. You can spring for an Arms #40 A2 Buis and come in at $475. If you delete the B/BC/CH it will only cost you $385.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my LMT 14.5" + flash from Dennis (check out the EE) and love it.  I think it was around $400, can't remember because I bought a complete LMT from him.  Honest, all the ones mentioned will work fine, I just like having the M4 feed ramps because makes me feel like I'm that much closer to a real M4 (something I will probably never be able to use) and I like having it built by something called "Lewis Machine & Tool", something about which most non-ar people will have no idea  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Vulcan

Well, they do say they supply weapons to our nations troops in their ad...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty partial to CMMG uppers.  

www.cmmginc.com/
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#10]
BravoCompany sells LAR uppers that all the guys Ive talked to love them. $109 for a complete, or $49 for a blemished. BTW I love HL2 with a passion and CS: Source
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#11]
gordon freeman?  half life fan are we? hehe

Stag M4 upper from eaglefirearms.net  way to go....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
BravoCompany sells LAR uppers that all the guys Ive talked to love them. $109 for a complete, or $49 for a blemished. BTW I love HL2 with a passion and CS: Source

What? Link?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top