Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:50:55 PM EDT
i will be replacing my original hanguards on my colt, to 9.0 rails from larue along with thier gas block...does anyone know if i will beniffet by changing out my original gas tube to make it a mid length while i will have the gun stripped down? or is it one of those things that it doesnt really matter?
thanks
catfish
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure I understand...
Are you trying to make a middy out of a carbine barrel?

I don't think it's that easy, you would need to block off the orig. gas port and drill a new one.
(i.e. buy new barrel!)
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see why you would want to change the location of the gas block (if I reading your post right), which would involve drilling a new gas port and welding over the old one?, doesn't seem like the practical thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Short of plugging your current gas port and drilling another one, you are stuck with what you've got. If what you got works, don't worry about it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top