Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2005 3:49:37 PM EDT
My brother has a "post ban" 20" bushy he bought about 5 years ago. It came with a A-1 upper from Bushmaster.....everything else is A-2.....is this odd, or did someone maybe order it that way?
I'm thinking of getting it from him as he's looking to sell....just wondering if it's something  "wierd" for lack of a better term.......Thanks, Boo
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It's possible it came from Bushy like that. I'm sure they would put that upper on there if it was special ordered that way.

Only way to tell for sure is to get the Ser# and call Bushmaster to see what configuration it was when it left the factory.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushy has always had a plentiful supply of  A-1 stuff...  Maybe they started selling thier over-run A-1 upper AR's  to thier distributers at low cost...  or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
A co-worker purchased a new Bushmaster carbine a few years ago with an A1 upper, A2 front sight, A2 stock, etc.

When I first saw it, I thought that someone pulled a fast one and sold him a 'parts' gun.  I called  Bushmaster and they talked me through looking at certain features to determine whether it was one of their uppers or not. It was. They also told me that they'll sometimes configure rifles like that for certain distributors to meet a certain price point.

So what your brother has may be original Bushy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey man,

Bushy isn't the only one who did it. The last Colt I bought about ten years ago was the same way. It had an A1 upper with no forward assist ,A2 carbine handguards, and a 3 prong flash suppressor. The thing about it was that my was that the recievers had small holed pins and not an offset pin in the forward hole. I think it was some kind of Franken gun that someone had put together because the grey lower didn't match the black upper.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It would make a nice C-7 clone
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a 16" bushy a few years ago (2000-2001), same way.  got it from keislers for under $600.  I figured it was done to keep costs down.  They (keislers) had a bunch in inventory at the time.

ETA- they had a few configurations including a 20" maybe he got it through them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
1. Don't forget that Bushy can and does build "Special/Custom Order" units....so anybody can pretty much order any "FrankenAR" they want...as new and....

2. There's really no way of telling what the latest trends will be yet forgings (wether A1, A2 or A3) are ordered in lotted quantities....and as it appears that 1 type may become a year end sell out?...they very well may run slightly discounted specials on whichever type/style is lagging in sales....that would be my guess anyways.

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my Bushy as a 16" A1 quite a few years ago. I got it for $650 if I remember correctly.
It has undergone several transformations since then however. http://home.comcast.net/~azrael2004/images/Bushy/NewBM2.jpg
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It would make a nice C-7 clone

Might you have a pic of such a thing?? ( I dont recall what it is)

Thaks for the input guys..........it definatly came from Bushmaster that way, I had always supposed someone ordrded it, and then decided they didn't want it. I do beleive it sat at the shop he bought it from for almost a year.
I haven't quite decided if I want it, but he is thinking of getting a .308 of some sort, so wants to turn it, I just happen to be 1st on the list......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
check the bbl. markings to make sure that its a bushmaster bbl.

you could also call them to see if it left that way.

another member here(mausermark) had a bushie rifle that kinda had me thinking too.

a1 upper, 16" hbar, a2 stock, a2 grip, izzy comp but it had all the bushmaster markings and he said it came that way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
BM will put together whatever you want.. I callled them last week and they can build an A1, 11.5", A1 hider.. Even a 1/7 instead of 1/9 twist if I want.. So, what you have could very well be 100% Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Again, thanks guys.......I'll have him check the barrel to make sure.....
If I decide to pass, what would be a fair price to ask if he intends to sell?....I'll see if he can send me some pics if that would help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top