Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
Is there such thing as a superlite 20"?  I am getting another receiver and I don't have a 20" AR yet.  Can someone post a pic of their clean (no super-duper tactical excrement) AR in 20" light profile?  This will help me with ideas about my own build.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The original 20" light weight.....

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, SP1's, M16's, and M16A1's came with the skinny barrel like Stickman posted.

Course they all have the A1-type sites. If you want the A2 or flattop uppers, they're just a gas tube-removal, and barrel nut loosening away.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The retro build has not escaped my mind.  It was one of the options.  However, I have a newer type lower.  Would it look OK with the old-school upper?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It would look like an M16A1, which I think is my next build....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It will look great! Mine does.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
OK how about this:

Has anyone seen an upper with an A2 config and the sights and a thin barrel and be 20" with a birdcage hider?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone?  I am looking to get feedback and/or pics of an A2 config (or a flat top) with a 20-inch THIN barrel and an A2 flash-hider.  Would a collapsible stock make good sense on that config?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an M16A2 upper on a collapsible-stocked lower.

The barrel is HBAR in front of the FSB so it looks kinda normal, but light under the handguards. I really like it and it swings really well from side to side.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top