Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:39:33 PM EDT
Can anything be done about the side to side movement at the pivot pin?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
HMM  JP Tension Pin maybe,   new upper,  or lower,  damn thats a good question,  havent seen many with alot of side to side slop,  just up and down.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm having trouble at the front end, the back seems fine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else have a suggestion? Could I bend it in slightly or would that be asking for trouble?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
never had or seen a problem with side to side play,  did you try to mate your upper with a different lower and your lower with a different upper?  One of it is probably out of spec.

That said, I don't see how it can affect the function of the gun so I wouldn't worry too much.   Maybe a washer would do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If I remember correctly, Brownell's sells thin shim sets that you can use to eliminate the play. Don't know how much play you have, but one or two thousanths is not uncommon, particularly on pieces that have seen a lot of use. My 26 year old SP1 has it, and even some of the newer pieces will have a tiny bit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I would sujest shims also. Do not try to bend the alujinun receiver. They dont take kindly to it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top