Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 4:41:49 PM EDT
When using a TA01NSN ACOG on a M4 upper configuration (not on the carry handle) how bad is the front sight shadow? I would assume it would be significant, but this is how the military SOPMOD is set up. Let me know your experiences. Thank you
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello is anybody out there?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah, at 3x and above, the FSP is but a blur on the bottom you'll soon learn to ignore.  I do wish it weren't there, but the trade off is a tremendously strong front sight tower that's alreays ready.  When I removed the FSB off my barrel I pounded the hell out of it and hardly made a dent.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nah, at 3x and above, the FSP is but a blur on the bottom you'll soon learn to ignore.  I do wish it weren't there, but the trade off is a tremendously strong front sight tower that's alreays ready.  When I removed the FSB off my barrel I pounded the hell out of it and hardly made a dent.

I actually like it.  It reminds me how paralax my sight picture is.  (My sister pointed that out).  Keep it in line with the crosshairs and you are sure to avoid paralax issues.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I notice it every time I look for it.  If I dont look for it I have never, ever noticed it.  After I notice it and start shooting, from the time I start my string till I lay the rifle down I never notice it.  Its a 100% non issue.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top