Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 10:41:06 PM EDT
Coyote brown match up pretty well? I"m going to have the recievers and barrel on my M4 refinished in Brownell's coyote brown. Kinda like one of Mongo's ARs (DAMN SWEET LOOKING). I was planing on leaving the railed forearm in black and putting a set of TD panels on it. I'm trying to get one of the Crane clones in Coyote and if I can't then I'll get a CavArms telestock. I was just wondering how well TD and Cav Arms brown match up. TIA
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, here's a pic with both companies' items installed. Not a tango down grip, but an Ergo, but with the TD VFG and rail panels, and the CavArms telestock.

As you can see, the CavArms stock matches more closely with the Ergo and the SureFire/TDI light-mount colors than the TD. Does someone have any pics of the new Flat Earth Brown that TD was supposed to come-out with?

Hope this helps.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The new TD FDE panels matches the CavArms stocks perfectly! They're also the same color as the new Vltor coyote & Magpul 93B. The problem is that you would have to order them directly from Tango Down or from one of the dealers in the "know" like Grant, Rusty or Denny to get the right color. This is because there is an older "Tan" still in the system. I believe that Brownells still has the Tan, but I'm not sure because I ordered direct from TD to avoid problems.
What brand of buffer tube do you have on your gun? If it's RRA or BM, then you would have to go with CavArms because the Vltor & Crane stocks won't fit. If you have a mil-spec tube such as Colt, LMT, CMT or Vltor then the opposite is true.

Robert
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pics and advice guys. I have a BM tube and I will use this if I don't find a Crane clone in brown. I know...I know... about the airsoft thing but I have one on a AR-10 and the damn thing is holding up fine so far. I will contact one of you guys for the TD parts once I decide which stock that I'm going with, more than likely I believe it wil;l be the CavArms... Nice rifles BTW!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top