Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:43:07 AM EDT
What are the actual lengths for the Actual lengths of PRI GenIII Free Float Forearms?
Carbine, mid, & rifle?
Anyone used one fo these?
Hows the weight compared to other FF's?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the 9.0 on my middie.I haven't measured it but I assume the number correspond to the length of the foreend itself....

They're very nice, but don't seem to dissipate heat very well. If you are using it on an accurate AR where you won't be doing mag dumps you'll be fine. I end up wearing gloves with mine right now.

I plan on moving mine onto a Recce type rifle and get a Larue for my middie.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I have a rifle length on my new SPR clone.
Per each type they end just behind a standard front sight base.
Somewhere on the board is a chart comparing specs of free float tubes.
I like the PRI. I have the ARMS SPR PEQ 2-3 rail on it as well. Makes a nice optics platform and ties the upper to the forearm very nicely. I like not having to cover excess rails in the gripping area that are not necessary.
I'll be testing it for the first time tomorrow.

http://home.comcast.net/~azrael2004/images/SPR/SPR1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
7.0, 9.0 and 12.0, each in inches.

With the attached rails, they are heavier than most others.  With no accessory rails they weigh about the same.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats a nice rifle. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the compliment knuckleduster.
It shot great today as well. I wasn't really mag dumping on it, but in fairly rapid shooting the handguard never even felt warm.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top