Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:54:53 AM EDT
I need some help in contacting Essential Arms. I just bought a pre ban lower from them and it's pretty banged up, which I knew going in. It certainly needs refinishing. I was thinking, I saw when I did a search on them someone said that they are back in buisness and would trade out you're old cast lower for a new forged one with the same pre ban serial number for a pretty decent price. I am considering rather than putting the money into KNS pins and refinishing the lower, just trading it in with them for a new one. Price dependent it seems like it could be a decent deal. Thanks

Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Try LCW paint.  You can get the exact finish you want and make it more durable than anything you will get new.  I know a guy who re-finished his 249 with it and wrapped the belt around the bbl to see just how durable it was.  No noticible scratches after he fed the belt through.  That stuff is sweet.

I will probably re-finishe two or three of my ARs with it when I get back to the states next year.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag,
Love to hear how to trade mine in!

ETA - Found their website

They sell new lowers for $67!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Shameless Plug!

Send it to Lauer Custom.  They have done all My EA and PWA pre-bans and they all look great!  The only problem I have with EA is the front pivot pin.  Its aways off just a little.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
What about their aluminum 4 pos tactical stocks? How do they compare with the RRA ones? Color matches standard AR pieces? Wiggle, noise, solid build?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shameless Plug!

Send it to Lauer Custom.  They have done all My EA and PWA pre-bans and they all look great!  The only problem I have with EA is the front pivot pin.  Its aways off just a little.

How much do they charge to refinish?  Do you know if they will/can do NFA registered SBR receivers?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top