Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:38:25 PM EDT
im confused, does the le6920 have the m4 profile (or is that the le6921)? heavy barrel, is that 6920 or 6921? from reading here i know both are chrome brl and chmbr and have the feed ramps.  im trying to decide what to get.                            BUT. you know what, i guess it doesnt really matter because i can only get the 6920.                      (6921 short barrel RIGHT??? not legal without paper work??)  any who, can someone tell want kind of barrel le6920 has, M4, heavy barrel or what.        i used to own a bushmaster 14.5 izzy. i had to sell because of unexpected financial needs. it was a great gun, real pretty, and work perfectly, i wanna try someting diffrent this time around.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
im confused, does the le6920 have the m4 profile (or is that the le6921)? heavy barrel, is that 6920 or 6921? from reading here i know both are chrome brl and chmbr and have the feed ramps.  im trying to decide what to get.                            BUT. you know what, i guess it doesnt really matter because i can only get the 6920.                      (6921 short barrel RIGHT??? not legal without paper work??)  any who, can someone tell want kind of barrel le6920 has, M4, heavy barrel or what.        i used to own a bushmaster 14.5 izzy. i had to sell because of unexpected financial needs. it was a great gun, real pretty, and work perfectly, i wanna try someting diffrent this time around.

The Colt 6920 has a lightweight barrel under the handguards. The 6920HB has a heavier
barrel, but costs substantially more. There are 6921 heavy barrels out there, but you would have
to either register it as in SBR or place a permanent F/S like the Phantom on the muzzle to comply with the NFA-required 16" minimum.

Be advised, Colts are not inexpensive.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6920 and the 6921 both have the M4 government profile (thin under the handguards) and grenade launcher notch.

6920 has 16" barrel and the 6921 has 14.5" but you could install a permanent FS like a Phantom to make it over 16", to avoid the SBR paperwork and tax.

The 6721 is the one with the HBAR barrel (heavy under the handguards) and no M203 grenade launcher notch in front of the FSB.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my LE6920.  I also have a Bushmaster M4A3.  I also have a Olyarms 9mm upper.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top