Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:08:23 PM EDT
I went to Wal Mart today to buy some ammo for my AR15. I live in Pensacola and we are the last city before you get into Alabama. Wal Mart says that their corporate office big wigs told them to pull ammo  from their stores here for an unknown amount of time. I am assuming this is because of the Hurricane Katrina backlash in the devastated areas. I have duty ammo issued but we are rotating out of  the Biloxi/GulfPort Mississippi area to help those guys with police assistance. I wanted to buy some extra ammo due to all the problems but looks like I am going to have to order it from someone on the board. Just a little rant on the boards I guess. Anyone have any good deals for some decent quality ammo?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
got to the ammo board
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Go figure, I have never had a need to go there and completely forgot about it!!!! thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that Wal-Mart might all pull their stocks of guns and ammo because it's "politically incorrect" and because K-Mart, Target, etc don't stock guns and ammo. I dunno if this is true...I REALLY hope it's not because Wally World is the closest place that sells ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know either but I could have crapped when they said all ammo was pulled from their stores. Now I only went to one Wal Mart here and we have 4 super centers but I assume they are all going to be empty of ammo based on what the sporting goods guy told me. There is a gun store here also but I would rather not buy from them. I was just hoping that someone here knew of some good ammo deals. I don't need it given to me as we have other stores but some people offer ammo much cheaper than the local stores here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I went to Wal Mart today to buy some ammo for my AR15. I live in Pensacola and we are the last city before you get into Alabama. Wal Mart says that their corporate office big wigs told them to pull ammo  from their stores here for an unknown amount of time. I am assuming this is because of the Hurricane Katrina backlash in the devastated areas. I have duty ammo issued but we are rotating out of  the Biloxi/GulfPort Mississippi area to help those guys with police assistance. I wanted to buy some extra ammo due to all the problems but looks like I am going to have to order it from someone on the board. Just a little rant on the boards I guess. Anyone have any good deals for some decent quality ammo?

FlyingFiveO,
I too live in Pensacola. I work for TSA at the airport. I just recently received an order for some .223 from Georgia Arms (www.georgia-arms.com). Telephone number is 1-800-624-6861. Product number G223B 55gr FMJ, $150/ 1000 rds. or $85/ 500 rds.  Bulk ammo comes in 7.62mm ammo cans. The ammo is good stuff. I went to the Styx River range a few weeks ago and fired about 150 rds (some Federal XM193 5.56 and some Georgia Arms .223). I saw no difference between the two. The use Lake City brass. If you order early in the morning, it is pretty much a next day delivery by FedEx Ground. I think shipping cost was $15.00. I ordered late on Tuesday afternoon and received my 1000 rds yesterday (THU) around 2:30pm. The company is in Villa Rica, GA which is just to the west of Atlanta off of I-20. If you have any more questions, give me a shout.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
So is the Georgia Arms .233 ammo you bought for $150 reloads or factory new.....I can't seem to find the answer on their site.

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So is the Georgia Arms .233 ammo you bought for $150 reloads or factory new.....I can't seem to find the answer on their site.

Thanks,
Sean

Remanufactured. "Canned Heat"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Reloads, but very good quality. Check out their 'canned heat' bulk ammo; I buy that and it shoots great.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Go figure, I have never had a need to go there and completely forgot about it!!!! thanks!

Goto Ammoman.  Pick up 1K of Green tips in 62 grn you wont be sorry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
FUCK WAL-MART!!!

Wal-Mart=
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I hear you Bobby Boucher!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
They did the same thing after 9/11.  Don't plan on getting your ammo after a SHTF situation!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
How long before you leave?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Probably 2 weeks. I can get ammo at the local sporting goods stores but I always buy at Wal Mart. Wal Mart = cheap ammo not the .. I have an email in with Georgia Arms so I am going to try order some from them, when they get back with me on prices. I have ammo for my rifle but you can never have too much! I can't afford 1000 rounds right now so I plan on buying several hundred rounds, maybe even a 500 round case.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Which WalMart? I usually hit the one on Hwy 29. Lately Academy on Davis and Olive has been getting my business.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Probably 2 weeks. I can get ammo at the local sporting goods stores but I always buy at Wal Mart. Wal Mart = cheap ammo not the .. I have an email in with Georgia Arms so I am going to try order some from them, when they get back with me on prices. I have ammo for my rifle but you can never have too much! I can't afford 1000 rounds right now so I plan on buying several hundred rounds, maybe even a 500 round case.

Hey FlyingFive0, send me a IM and let me know what department you work for.  I'm a LEO in Pinellas County and we are waiting to hear if and when we're going.  

X1 on the Ammoman.com, I've dealt with them before and had no problems.  I know you may not have the money for a large purchase though.  If you end up heading out soon take care and be safe brother.  Stick, message me too if you don't mind and let me know who you work for....be safe brothers & sisters.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
i am a pinellas county leo also, waiting to go also!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So you're the one buying all the ammo around here before I get a chance to!  I tried to buy some at walmart friday with no luck.  But then again, they're always out anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#19]
USMARINE1108, thats the whole problem!!! They pulled it before I could buy any of it!!!! I wish I would have had the chance to buy it all!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Stick, message me too if you don't mind and let me know who you work for....be safe brothers & sisters.  

I'm on the wrong coast to be of any help (PNW), sorry...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#22]
What state Stick? Just asking.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#23]
wal mart hasnt had rifle ammo for 3 weeks here in central florida. oh well, i just go and buy black hills.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey 5.0, check your IM's!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#25]
well up my way my local wally world is out of wwb 223 saw a guy walk off with the last few boxes they had got stuck with the remington 55gr man those cases look awful im not sure its even safe to shoot
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#26]
How much and what kind of ammo do you need.  I have some extra I can FedEx to you if it the stuff you are using.  IM me with details.

Stay Safe
gcpd19
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top