Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 1:17:55 PM EDT
Hey, I am new to the AR world. I have been lurking on the site for a while just never posted. I have a couple questions for everyone.

First, A local gunstore in my area is selling a vulcan AR-15, I am not sure on the model, but its relatively cheap.. and its right in my price range of available money to spend. They also have a couple bushmasters that are on sale. I have always heard good things about bushmaster, while I've never heard anything about vulcan. The Vulcan I am looking at is priced right at 670. (its an A2) the bushmaster A3's are sale priced right around 880. Is the extra 200 worth it to buy a bushmaster? Realistically, I would probably shoot two or three times a month. I know that I'm limited with scope and accessory capabilities with the A2, however, a scope is about the only thing I'd get. Which rifle has the best reputation, and which would last the longest?

I figure I'll get a lot of people telling me to build my own.. I dont have the patience to build my own.. And I'd much rather learn more about them before I venture off and build one. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT BUY THE VULCAN.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
do not buy vulcan or hesse. they explode with rich loads.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a Bushmaster, or RRA.  Best 2 affordable complete rifles out there.  IMO...

Welcome to the site!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top