Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:18 AM EDT
If you need some preliminary info regarding my brand new Bushmaster 16" A2 Patrolmans Carbine and the BCG polishing I've found necessary and completed you can read up on my FTEX malfunctions and intended fixes here....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=248343

Or...to recap/highlight?....Cjan (out of the kindness of his heart and the great guy he is) offered and sent me a brand new Colt HD M4 Extractor Spring w/ Black Insert...he mailed it out this past monday morning but it hasn't arrived...and no big deal as snail mail (especially from that distance could be anything from 2 days too 2 weeks....so?...no big anticipation or disappointment there...none...just gratitude towards Cjan.

However...Last monday I did place a call to Les Baer Customs and ordered the folllowing as an emergency remedial parts list for my ailing bushy...

(1) LBC Complete Bolt Assy

A complete precision bolt - the same one used in our Ultimate AR .223 rifles. Includes LBC bolt, Mcfarland single gas ring, extractor, ejector, XXP extractor spring, pins and springs. Available chromed or blued.

(1) LBC Extractor

LBC AR .223 Extractors
These superior extractors are precision machined to exacting tolerances from bar stock, then properly heat treated and shot peened. LBC extractors are available either chrome plated or blued.

(2) LBC/Mcfarland Single Piece Gas Ring

(1) LBC Firing Pin(1) LBC Cam Pin

(1) LBC Cam Retaining Pin

(3) LBC XP Extractor Springs

I asked if all these items were in stock...they checked and said yes and promised they'd be mailed out no later than tuesday morning via 2-3 day "Priroity Mail"....so...tues. 1 day, wed. 2 days, thursday?...I got my hopes up but...no dice...and now it's friday and the mailman comes with me thinking.."Surely this is it"...but again...no dice...so...this merits a call to LBC justa check out what's happening....and guess what?....

"Oh!!!...we're sorry Mr. X...but the AR parts are a mile down the road and we definantly have your parts but just never got around to making it down to the parts house to put your order together and get it shipped out...I'll get on that right away!!!"

Me: "Ya know what I'm thinking?"

Her: "What?"

Me: "How about we just go ahead and cancel that order."

Her: "Okay...thank you Mr. X...we'll go ahead and cancel it."

End of conversation...no profuse apoligies or anything...just cancelled without so much as an "I'M Sorry" like they do it every day...and they probably do...therefore?....LBC is officially off my christmas card list....for permanent.

Fuggers....left me waiting for an entire week with a brand new broke down carbine waiting parts I was led to believe were enroute and claimed as "In Stock and Immediate Shipping"...he11...they even told me upon ordering to expect'em by friday at the lastest and here it is friday and they haven't even bothered to put'em in a freaking box yet?...wtf LBC???

Now I'm left with two thoughts....

1. I wonder if they charged my card yet and...

2. What now?

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you should send it to BM and let them spend money to get it working, you already paid for it,dont spend money when they will take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
wow,, I had nothing but very good customer service from them ,I also have 3 of there rifles and all are top notch.must of had a bad day
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you need some preliminary info regarding my brand new Bushmaster 16" A2 Patrolmans Carbine and the BCG polishing I've found necessary and completed you can read up on my FTEX malfunctions and intended fixes here....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=248343

Or...to recap/highlight?....Cjan (out of the kindness of his heart and the great guy he is) offered and sent me a brand new Colt HD M4 Extractor Spring w/ Black Insert...he mailed it out this past monday morning but it hasn't arrived...and no big deal as snail mail (especially from that distance could be anything from 2 days too 2 weeks....so?...no big anticipation or disappointment there...none...just gratitude towards Cjan.

However...Last monday I did place a call to Les Baer Customs and ordered the folllowing as an emergency remedial parts list for my ailing bushy...

(1) LBC Complete Bolt Assy

www.lesbaer.com/ar223pts/boltcomp.jpg

A complete precision bolt - the same one used in our Ultimate AR .223 rifles. Includes LBC bolt, Mcfarland single gas ring, extractor, ejector, XXP extractor spring, pins and springs. Available chromed or blued.

(1) LBC Extractor

www.lesbaer.com/ar223pts/extrctr.jpg

LBC AR .223 Extractors
These superior extractors are precision machined to exacting tolerances from bar stock, then properly heat treated and shot peened. LBC extractors are available either chrome plated or blued.

(2) LBC/Mcfarland Single Piece Gas Ring

(1) LBC Firing Pin(1) LBC Cam Pin

(1) LBC Cam Retaining Pin

(3) LBC XP Extractor Springs

I asked if all these items were in stock...they checked and said yes and promised they'd be mailed out no later than tuesday morning via 2-3 day "Priroity Mail"....so...tues. 1 day, wed. 2 days, thursday?...I got my hopes up but...no dice...and now it's friday and the mailman comes with me thinking.."Surely this is it"...but again...no dice...so...this merits a call to LBC justa check out what's happening....and guess what?....

"Oh!!!...we're sorry Mr. X...but the AR parts are a mile down the road and we definantly have your parts but just never got around to making it down to the parts house to put your order together and get it shipped out...I'll get on that right away!!!"

Me: "Ya know what I'm thinking?"

Her: "What?"

Me: "How about we just go ahead and cancel that order."

Her: "Okay...thank you Mr. X...we'll go ahead and cancel it."

End of conversation...no profuse apoligies or anything...just cancelled without so much as an "I'M Sorry" like they do it every day...and they probably do...therefore?....LBC is officially off my christmas card list....for permanent.

Fuggers....left me waiting for an entire week with a brand new broke down carbine waiting parts I was led to believe were enroute and claimed as "In Stock and Immediate Shipping"...he11...they even told me upon ordering to expect'em by friday at the lastest and here it is friday and they haven't even bothered to put'em in a freaking box yet?...wtf LBC???

Now I'm left with two thoughts....

1. I wonder if they charged my card yet and...

2. What now?

L8R, Bill.

I think it's called "KARMA"....

How'd that BAR10 sale go on this board???  Smooth as silk, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried it with having cleaned up the BC internals?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

hey stick,,, you a goose hunter @ all??
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not yet Stickman as the closest range to me is 50 miles north up I-95...and with the price of gas these days I was waiting the parts...now that I've thought about it a few moments?...I'm about 60-75% certain on the probability factor that polishing up the BC probably was "the Culprit" and probably did "do the trick"..and at this point I'm thinking I'll just wait on Cjans HD M4 Colt Extractor Spring w/ Black Insert...hoser down with CLP and go for it...and hope.

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You should not need to patch a new gun. Send it back. Ask for a new barrel or complete upper. Your rifle should function without any more than a standard extractor spring and insert. ]
I bought a LBC extractor when they first came out and it would not even fit in a bolt. It would not compress far enough to slide the pin in so I sent it back.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey stick,,, you a goose hunter @ all??

More duck and pheasant, but I've taken geese before.....  why?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
This happened to me ONCE.  And is the reason that whenever I order something I will call back the next day to confirm it shipped.

And when a company drops the ball I will let them know exactly that.  With a company like Les Baer, I would expect them to correct the problem.

Good luck.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This happened to me ONCE.  And is the reason that whenever I order something I will call back the next day to confirm it shipped.

And when a company drops the ball I will let them know exactly that.  With a company like Les Baer, I would expect them to correct the problem.

Good luck.

Seydou

Ditto.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not yet Stickman as the closest range to me is 50 miles north up I-95...and with the price of gas these days I was waiting the parts...now that I've thought about it a few moments?...I'm about 60-75% certain on the probability factor that polishing up the BC probably was "the Culprit" and probably did "do the trick"..and at this point I'm thinking I'll just wait on Cjans HD M4 Colt Extractor Spring w/ Black Insert...hoser down with CLP and go for it...and hope.

L8R, Bill.

Where in Fl are U?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top