Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:52:46 AM EDT
Im new to the site and the Ar. I have been searching for a rifle to get and it seams as the ar fits best. I would like to build a AR after looking around this site. What magazines would be best to get to lern more about the AR and where to buy my parts.

The 18th of Sept there is a gun show that I plan to go to. If at all possible I would like to pick up the lower receiver all other parts im guessing can be mailed to my house.

Does anyone know what the state of Virginia is going to tax me on this being it is an assualt rifle

Thanks for your help
Matt
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Any USGI magazines are good!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi mattj,

Welcome aboard!

I personally have not found any magazines out there to be particularly useful. Fun to read, yes. Useful, no.

You'll actually find pretty much everything you need right here on the site. Check out the "tacked" links at the top of this forum, the Build It Yourself and Troubleshooting forums.

Use the search function--it's your friend too.

If in doubt, ask.

Best of luck to ya at the upcoming show.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll find much better information on this site in the "Build it yourself" section than youwill in any magazine.  You're on the right track otherwise.  Get your lower at a gun show so that you don't have to have it shipped to an FFL (and incur the associated "transfer fee").  Don't pay over 150 for the stripped lower.

After that, you can buy everything else online and have it shipped to your house.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the site.

I just wanted to add that if you want to find out more about reading materials, click on the Information tab at the top of the web pages here and click Articles, Books etc.

For your parts, components and accessories there are a lot of great dealers here at the Equipment Exchange (EE), just click on the tab on top of the page.

Good luck and have fun at the fun show!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top