Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:32:48 AM EDT
I'm a lefty.

i have no problems with a standard AR. However, when i use a blow back pistol cal setup, i get a faceful of unburnt powder and crap getting blown back at me. I've used my M16 plastic snap in brass deflector, with some success. It seems to block a good majority of the gas and crap.

Is there any more sturdy options?  Any other suggestions or ideas?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Does a PRI gasbuster work for lefties?  Not sure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does a PRI gasbuster work for lefties?  Not sure.

No.

The way they designed it, was they made the charging handle bigger. They also put in a channel to bleed the gas off away from the shooter. Well.. that just so happens to be on the right side of the rifle. So if anytihng a Gas Buster CH would channel the gasses right in my face. lol..

I also was brainstorming and figured a brass catcher might work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I see some people use silicon above the charging handle.  Maybe that might work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
It's worth a shot.

however, the majority of the crap getting blown back is from the ejection port itself. I don't have that problem with a standard AR. But with my blowback .45 AR, i got it all the time. safety glasses are a must ( as if they weren't otherwise)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Same thing for me, I have an Oly 9mm upper that threw a bunch of junk in my face.
It was very uncomfortable to shoot.

Got a plastic gas deflector, and the problem is gone.  Haven't really needed to do more to shoot it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top