Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:30:38 PM EDT
Can anybody enlighten me as to the best technique for bump firing from the shoulder?  Try as I might I can't figure out how to get my M4gery to shoulder bump fire (although the hip is fine).

I did a search in the archives but I'm not coming up with anything.

Thanx
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know how much help you are going to get about this. You'll proboly get a lot of replys on why bumpfiring is "useless" or a waste of ammo. Just to give you a heads up but to answer your question from what I have tried and seen in videos it requires some upper body strength and a stiff trigger finger. Relax the stock on your shoulder a bit and push forward on the foregrip or handgaurd of your gun without moving your trigger finger. Takes some practice but eventualy you should get it. If you want to get as good as some of the people I've seen be prepared to go through about 3000 rounds or so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried bump firing once and gave up.  Just couldn't do it.  All well.  At least my issue weapon has burst...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont know how much help you are going to get about this. You'll proboly get a lot of replys on why bumpfiring is "useless" or a waste of ammo. Just to give you a heads up but to answer your question from what I have tried and seen in videos it requires some upper body strength and a stiff trigger finger. Relax the stock on your shoulder a bit and push forward on the foregrip or handgaurd of your gun without moving your trigger finger. Takes some practice but eventualy you should get it. If you want to get as good as some of the people I've seen be prepared to go through about 3000 rounds or so.

OK, thats great. But what would I be feeling for on the trigger? Are you holding just short of the "click"...or?????
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
1) Mine doesnt touch my shoulder.

2) The whole rifle is held in forward hand (Think janet reno.......pulling shakin sombitch)

As for the trigger finger......

Practice, its easy. Some of us can bump damn near any semi auto. Hell, you would swear my AR pistol is select fire. And its aimed fire.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I find it easier with a VFG (that's why I have one ).   Stock is kept off the the shoulder, so your support hand is holding up 90% of the weight.  I take my trigger hand's thumb, and use that to support the rear of the rifle where the PG meets the Rec., finger is just like hip bumping.  Practice, practice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I can bumpfire from the hip like a mad man but I can't bump off the shoulder yet. I need some more practice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
One of those match triggers (JP?) really helps.  This guys gun seemed to be doubling at a match.  I asked him if I could shoot it.  Put it to my shoulder and ran 10 round bursts.  His eyes got wider than dinner plates followed by a shit eating grin.  He had a very light trigger pull.

I am not good at it but was able to do it with his rifle.  I am sure the well initiated could dump a whole mag.  The hardest part is staying relaxed and loose with a weapon spraying ammo.  As soon as you tighten up, it will stop.  I can't do it with a stock trigger.  

It was easy to control and put the rounds exactly where you wanted them.  Even though we had full auto guns there, I had more fun bumping his semi auto, just because I could.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top