Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2005 6:00:41 PM EDT
Got my ar out of the safe to inspect it since I haven't shot it in a while and I notice this green sluge on the inside of my flash hider. Tried to scrub it of with a cleaning brush and it mostly came of except for a tiny bit. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? what is it, or what could it be????? thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It is caused by small deposits of vaporized copper from both the projectile and the brass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It is oxidized copper residue.  Any copper solvent will remove it.  Ever seen a green copper roof?  Thats what it is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
could also be your copper cleaner turning the copper that color and you not getting it all out
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]
have you probed someone recently?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Last time you cleaned the rifle you left residual bore cleaner in the flashhider and didn’t wipe it out. Same thing happened to me recently, I forgot to swab out the FH with Q-tips after cleaning the bore. Some Hoppes #9 on a q-tip will take it right out!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You sure its not zombie guts??
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Toxic mold.   Send the rifle to me and I will dispose of it properly.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top