Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/31/2005 5:18:22 PM EDT
Watching the looting and lawlessness that is (not to anyone's suprise  ) erupting in New Orleans reminds me of why I own my AR15.
I know that no one wants to politicize something like this, but I think that we need to use this as proof to the anti-gunners why people need to be armed, and that there are times when an assault rifle and lots of ammo really is the best medicine.
In times of natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and other SHTF situations, people have to be able to protect themselves and their property from attacks of gangs of hoodlums and desperate people.
I sometimes have thought that maybe I am paranoid for stocking up on ammo and supplies, now I think I really don't have enough.

Looks like I will be saving up for more ammo and stockpiles of necessities.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Assault rifle,is a term that anti gun people use,you and i both know that a marksman could do more damage  with a 22 mag than a couple morons with AKs. I think that this has been proven by those two stupid people that shot at the cops  in N.O.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I must admit that I used to roll my eyes at all the SHTF scenarios that people mention on this board, but I am now beginning to see what SHTF really means. My blood boils at the thought of these looters and I definately feel at least a little bit better knowing that I have my guns.

God forbid anything like this happens again, but if it happens to be in my neck of the woods I'll at least have some form of protection.

Man, I really hope things calm down over there in NOLA. This is a really sad time.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand you 100% ChevyRulez1, After seeing that it made me think I need a few thousand more rounds of AK47 ammo and some more 5.56 ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I have to say the people looting New Orleans are the lowest scum on this earth. When theres a tragedy you rise above and help out those who need it not run around stealing things....thats pathetic! I saw on the news where a business owner and his son where standing outside their store with 1911 and shotgun in hand. The guy said several people kept attempting to break in....idiots.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess you didnt see the looter that walked out of a gun store with 4 or 5 rifles around his neck. I think in this situation I am glad that I have my AR and a stock pile of ammo. If you used this situation of why people should be armed then you will loose. Anti gunners will say that if no guns where there, the police would be able to do thier job more effectively.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The looting is disgusting. Bring back "Looters will be shot!"

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I reminded my wife tonight that what's happening in NO is EXACTLY why I have guns and insist on keeping lots of ammo.  She rolled her eyes some, but then I think she realized I was right.

By having more than 1 weapon, you can "arm" the entire family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, whom ever you trust and establish a small "Protection Force" until local LE can deal with the problems.

In preparing to deploy to Gulf Port, MS tomorrow with the Sheriff's Office, I also realized I have more equipment needs than I thought.  

Oh yes, things like this will happen agaian and again.  Be prepared.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

YOU LOOT...WE SHOOT
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
On Fox this morning they showed some cops looting along with everyone else .  I guess they're human too, which I believe to be an even greater reason to stay armed (to the teeth).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
A lot of those looters are just hungry desperate victims that are in need of food and supplies to exist... I would be doing the same if I was in their shoes...  

The looters that are just taking anything and everything that really isn't needed to survive, should be shot on site.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#11]
what of the woman that was asked by a reporter why she was stealing "those shoes".she replied "the water is deep and I don't want my feets to get cut.(while holding a stack of shoe boxes)
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what of the woman that was asked by a reporter why she was stealing "those shoes".she replied "the water is deep and I don't want my feets to get cut.(while holding a stack of shoe boxes)

Id shoot that fuckin bitch
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
A friend of mine here in alabama got back to his house (he went north) the same day as the storm. His house was all over the place and the looters had come and gone. sometimes you can't protect your stuff. He told me he wish he had stayed but was trying to do what was safe for his family.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#14]
tell me about it

thank god for ARs

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
How can they be hungry enough to steal, it has only been 3 days, they are noy just taking food, they are taking everything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#16]
lol yeah,   seen tons of Vids on the net, news etc with looting,   freakin yeah some of them are after stuff like grocery's diapers etc,  but the vids of the shitheads walkin out of walmart with DVD players stereo's etc.  WTF,  gonna go to your shanty with no freakin power and watch TV,  Maybe thats why the people that are there are there,   THEY ARE F**KING IDIOTS,  I understand yeah some of them just flat ass got stranded.  but damn come on people  you dont ride out a freaking hurricain when your City is 17 feet below freakin sea level.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Amen. I was just telling my fiance' earlier how glad I was I had my AR should anything like this ever happen and since we are in hurricane alley it just might (we got hit directly last year by Francis and Jeanne). We got lucky that while we suffered quite a bit of damage there wasn't much looting, but actually I work as an assistant manager of a large pharmacy chain and my store is in not the best of neighborhoods. My good buddy is the store manager. We came to the store after Francis to find the glass front door shattered (not by the winds) and the pharmacy robbed. People are scumbags, but during that time there actually was more good doing around than bad. Many people helped each other out and many of us went a couple or weeks or so without power. I remember sitting outside at night in a sling chair trying to stay cool before my ice and beer ran out w/ my 9mm in my lap.
LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I must admit that I used to roll my eyes at all the SHTF scenarios that people mention on this board, but I am now beginning to see what SHTF really means. My blood boils at the thought of these looters and I definately feel at least a little bit better knowing that I have my guns.

God forbid anything like this happens again, but if it happens to be in my neck of the woods I'll at least have some form of protection.

Man, I really hope things calm down over there in NOLA. This is a really sad time.  

That's a good thing...I'm a former Boy Scout and US Marine and if I got taught anything regarding "SURVIVAL"?...it was..."Be Prepared"....Hurricane Andrew was my familys "Moment OF Awakening"....civilains just have no concept what sort of diabolical animals humanoids can turn into during desperate times....and how fast it can happen....but they got to see it after hurricane andrew...and within 3 days folks were beating each other over the head with shovels and baseball bats for things such as....a bag of ice.....or a gallon of water.....and when a father or mother has small children or any family members dying of exposure and dehydration?...folks can get real nasty real quick...Both my Father and My Mother bought Sig P230's and got their CWP after Andrew.

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#19]
"you bein watched"
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess these are the Zombies that everyone keeps refering to. I agree that I understand food and water and I think business owners understand that to a degree. 1 pair of shoes?Maybe. But it is nuts down there. If gas keeps going up I see people getting really crazy everywhere though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure in this situation most buisness owners would give away the essentials but DVD players are slightly uneeded at a time like this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm sure in this situation most buisness owners would give away the essentials but DVD players are slightly uneeded at a time like this.

Food, water, medical supplies and clothing is definitely needed, all the other things should not be stolen by looters... And I bet a lot of those business owners aren't around to be giving away supplies...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
A lot of those looters are just hungry desperate victims that are in need of food and supplies to exist... I would be doing the same if I was in their shoes...  

The looters that are just taking anything and everything that really isn't needed to survive, should be shot on site.

Actually, very few of the looters I have seen on TV fall into this group.  Smiling while you run down the street with 10 rebocks, jewelry, and new blue jeans is NOT theft for hungry desperate victims.

Makes me go down and check my kids in bed, check all the locks, and pat my little black rifle on the way by.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
lol yeah,   seen tons of Vids on the net, news etc with looting,   freakin yeah some of them are after stuff like grocery's diapers etc,  but the vids of the shitheads walkin out of walmart with DVD players stereo's etc.  WTF,  gonna go to your shanty with no freakin power and watch TV,  Maybe thats why the people that are there are there,   THEY ARE F**KING IDIOTS,  I understand yeah some of them just flat ass got stranded.  but damn come on people  you dont ride out a freaking hurricain when your City is 17 feet below freakin sea level.

You are right about most of them being idiots, even scumbags that probably deserve their situation.  But, behind them are little kids who are innocent victims of all this.  Some have looked so weak, 1 and 2 year olds that can barely move or open their eyes, that it makes me sick.  I have a 1 year old son, and I just can't bear to see any child near his age in distress.
 That said, I also have my AR on standby for a situation such as this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Does it bug anyone else to hear these people biotchin on TV about how bad the food is, how the chair they have to sit on sucks, and what the F$#K are you gonna do for me.  I think 24 hours out they should be praising those who are there to help and being glad to be alive.   I do feel terrible for their loss, but bitching about what help can be provided at this stage doesn't help.  Its easy to say, but I believe my wife and family would be trying to help get everyone through this crap, pool resources, labor and get through it togehter instead of bitching about the chair their fat ass is sitting on.

No problem for me to understand people in a bad situation, but it seems of such poor taste to BLAME the government for not putting them all up at the Hilton.  I believe they will do the best they can and people should be grateful for any outside help.

Maybe its just me sitting cool and comfey in my leather chair unable to grasp what it would really be like.  I just don't see being angry at those who are there to help them get through it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah... was telling my girl the same thing.  She did the rolling the eyes bit, but I think if SHTF she would be humming a different tune. as would lots of other skepticals.

If they were needed for real reasons, such as food, baby care (diapers) then they should be taken, and handed out.  These people are running out of stores with boxes of snickers with huge ass grins on their faces.  No they're not hungry, it hasn't even been that long.  If they were really hungry, why not run in and start grubbin, instead of running away from the scene?  

Only guilty people run?  Yeah... they know what they're doing is wrong.  Yes, these are the "zombies" I've always thought would endanger me.  I tell everyone, the enemy I'm worried about is not across seas, it's the neighbor I've known for years who in a desperate turn of events, would lose all sense of morals, community, and societal bearings that he would rob, kill, or rape for the sake of the situation being what it is.

For all intended purposes, they think their lives are over, I bet lots of them didn't get flood insurance... so they lost everything.  I feel for them, but at the same time, living in a high hurricane impact region, having frequent occurances of hurricanes, you DESERVE to lose everything, you should have known better and purchased flood insurance.

I live in Washington, we have SEVERAL active volcanos here, and lie on a very dangerous fault line for earthquakes, your damn sure I have necessary insurance to cover such scenarios.  I am also prepared for them.  In such a situation, law needs to be upheld, people like us, have the power and the obligation to do so.

I'd simply say, "you're desperate?  then come, share with us, share what you have and ill share what i have, we'll work together, and pull through this together, if you wish to "take" from me, without giving back, then you're a thief, a thug, and you better not be this desperate" *points designated firearm at the intruder*

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#28]
"you bein watched"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Watching the looting and lawlessness that is (not to anyone's suprise  hyI know that no one wants to politicize something like this, but I think that we need to use this as proof to the anti-gunners why people need to be armed, and that there are times when an assault rifle and lots of ammo really is the best medicine.
In times of natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and other SHTF situations, people have to be able to protect themselves and their property from attacks of gangs of hoodlums and desperate people.
I sometimes have thought that maybe I am paranoid for stocking up on ammo and supplies, now I think I really don't have enough.

Looks like I will be saving up for more ammo and stockpiles of necessities.

Here's t he thing: How much ammo do you need? Are we planning for running gun battles of large unit size for several days? Sure, get your black rifle ready, train, train train. Stock pile some good ammo.  Get a back up and some arms for your family. No doubt.

But, I know that the thousand rounds of 5.56 I've got will never be firied in anger no matter how bad things get. Ever. Period. Ten rounds? Maybe. A thirty round mag, if things get unimaginably desperate. So I've got a half dozen mags loaded and a case of strippers and I'm all set.  No more ammo, no more arms.

Katrina has taught me one thing: Instead of more ammo, I'm buying rice and vacuum packing it. I'm getting MREs. I'm getting water jugs and folding water bags. I'm cutting and splitting firewood.  I'm  buying surplus fuel cans and keeping enough diesel and gas on hand to GTFO.  I'm making a plan, not polishing my weapons.

Open your eyes folks, take a lesson. Think of how you will care for yourself and your LOVED ones.

<rant over>

efxguy
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
..., and that there are times when an assault rifle and lots of ammo really is the best medicine.

Pet peeve of mine...Does your AR, AK, FAL or whatever it is that you have fire in Full Auto mode? No? then you do not own an assault rifle. Assault rifles, by definition, are selective fire intermediate-power rifles with barrels no longer then 20". It's bad enough the media and anti-gun crowd misuse the term all of the time but we should know better.

Quoted:
Here's t he thing: How much ammo do you need? Are we planning for running gun battles of large unit size for several days? Sure, get your black rifle ready, train, train train. Stock pile some good ammo.  Get a back up and some arms for your family. No doubt.

But, I know that the thousand rounds of 5.56 I've got will never be firied in anger no matter how bad things get. Ever. Period. Ten rounds? Maybe. A thirty round mag, if things get unimaginably desperate. So I've got a half dozen mags loaded and a case of strippers and I'm all set.  No more ammo, no more arms.

Katrina has taught me one thing: Instead of more ammo, I'm buying rice and vacuum packing it. I'm getting MREs. I'm getting water jugs and folding water bags. I'm cutting and splitting firewood.  I'm  buying surplus fuel cans and keeping enough diesel and gas on hand to GTFO.  I'm making a plan, not polishing my weapons.

Open your eyes folks, take a lesson. Think of how you will care for yourself and your LOVED ones.

<rant over>

efxguy

A lot of good food for thought right there IMO
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes, have your semi-auto extreme sport rifle handy, and lots of food, water, and fuel.  Have at least a 2-week supply, 1-week minimum. Don't forget comfort foods, and coffee!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
By having more than 1 weapon, you can "arm" the entire family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, whom ever you trust and establish a small "Protection Force" until local LE can deal with the problems.

Be prepared.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#33]
WOW!  I think we have some future SF members in the making.  We don't all wear tin foil hats and NOLA is exactly the type of scenario being planned for by most folks.  Some SF members who lived in NO successfully bugged out and are now comfortably camping in a safe area vs. being stuck in the hell hole that used to be known as NO.  

And I concur that 1,000 rounds may not be fired in anger, but you always get a better price when you buy in bulk (another SF mantra) and your 10 shots will all be hits since you have practiced so much.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Just another excuse why to loot.  I have no money so I took it.  What is even more disturbing is that I have read reports where the cops are doing some looting.

Man that sucks.

Max
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#35]
After reading all of the responses, I have come to a conclusion: We are all upstanding, red-blooded, and patriotic Americans. I too would not put up with the crap going on in NO. Those people have no pride in their city nor respect for anyone else or their property. I told my wife the other night that they need to invoke Martial Law and place a curfew and shoot anyone who violates the curfew and loots. No questions asked. My uncle conveyed the same type of sentiment to me yesterday. I saw on FOX NEWS this morning people in boats were lined up waiting to help in the rescue operation. The first boat that went in was shot at. The others were not ready take that chance right then. I also heard that shots had been fired at some of the rescue helicopters as well. I say, send in some Cobras and Apaches and let them unleash hell on these people.

On a pleasant note, I just received a 1,000 rounds of Georgia Arms 223 ammo (GOOD STUFF, only $150). YAHOO! My AR is a happy camper. Now the DPMS Panther Carbine, GLock 21, and Taurus PT-140SS Millineum Pro are ready. I am a happy man.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Just my two cents..... a small stockpile of food, water, prescription medications, batteries and such just makes good sense. Every home in america should have such a preparedness pack.

Now having a way to keep anyone else from taking these things away from me is just like having an insurance policy. It would be hard to repel two guys with baseball bats kicking in my front door with nothing more than a slinshot or threatening words. I am not going to go out to take from others, but I guarantee no one will take from me and my family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Just my two cents..... a small stockpile of food, water, prescription medications, batteries and such just makes good sense. Every home in america should have such a preparedness pack.

Now having a way to keep anyone else from taking these things away from me is just like having an insurance policy. It would be hard to repel two guys with baseball bats kicking in my front door with nothing more than a slinshot or threatening words. I am not going to go out to take from others, but I guarantee no one will take from me and my family.

AMEN BROTHER
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#38]
And we all looked down on those savage Iraqi's for looting.  People don't realize how close we are to SHTF.  It is a balancing act.  What if no gas was available tomorrow nationwide?  It would be instant bedlam, complete economic collapse, most importantly no starbucks for the sandal wearing no blood for oil folks.

What if the terrorists poisined the food in 5 supermarkets in po-dunk American cities?  How neighborly would folks be as they stormed supermarkets for canned goods and non-perishables.

What if several major city aquifers or water supply was contaminated?  There is one degree of seperation between us and those living in 3rd world shitholes, the only difference is we have lots of people committed to keeping civilization balanced on the point of a pin including a large military to buffer outside influence (including thugs who take over oil producing nations).  A valid argument that blood for oil is a legimate cause.  We have large agencies like FEMA, the FED, National Guard, Oil Reserves, and projected military power.  So anyone who argues we had no place in Afganistan or Iraq is deluded.  Stabalizing these places or making them uncomfortable to set up terror camps, or run their operations out of or eliminating a dictator with access to money, human resources to upset the world civilization balancing act all contribute to our freedom here.

When it all falls apart like it has in Louisiana, Mississippi, it overwhelmes the government resources and you must have personal resources to deal with that situation, be it food, water, firearms whatever, because nobody can guarantee your safety in those situations.

Unfortunately this will be viewed as another situation by the ANTI's to ban such rifles when it is the biggest pro-gun argument one could ever concieve.  They will ask why these thugs had access to such weapons when we already know they are already likely to possess them illegally as felons, or stolen guns etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#39]
The only difference between 3rd world folks and us as they would deal with this better on a personal level than most of us could as their lives are full of adversity.

I wonder how a city like L.A. would act in the presence of no serious police force or law and order, stable water and food supply, 2 hours of electricity per day.  No gas.  No jobs.  Not that bombs would be going off, but would people behave any better than they did in post war Bagdad?

I saw a post invasion clip of some Iraqui asshole bitching about the state of his city, what was the USA going to do for him.  The reporter said, "why don't you take some responsibility and go clean up all that garbage over there and work to make your city better."  He of course had no answer.  Now I question if in a city like LA the response would be any different.

Just thinking out loud.  Hard to be judgemental when you have no idea what it must be like.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The only difference between 3rd world folks and us as they would deal with this better on a personal level than most of us could as their lives are full of adversity.

I wonder how a city like L.A. would act in the presence of no serious police force or law and order, stable water and food supply, 2 hours of electricity per day.  No gas.  No jobs.  Not that bombs would be going off, but would people behave any better than they did in post war Bagdad?

I saw a post invasion clip of some Iraqui asshole bitching about the state of his city, what was the USA going to do for him.  The reporter said, "why don't you take some responsibility and go clean up all that garbage over there and work to make your city better."  He of course had no answer.  Now I question if in a city like LA the response would be any different.

Just thinking out loud.  Hard to be judgemental when you have no idea what it must be like.

Interesting thought...  I have a tendancy to agree with you...

I believe we have run into an issue here - if you are so desparate for supplies (now I'm talking to survive, not that DVD player you just "looted") that you turn to stealing, how much different is the mentality to protect what you have?  You are both looking out for your own survival but in two different ways...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I think it's great to be prepared, but I imagine that many of us who did stockpile for SHTF situations would have been out of there and not able to get to our stuff as it would be under 10 feet of water if we lived in that area.

I wonder what I would do if I were told to evacuate and expect my stuff not to be there.  Sure, you can load all your stuff into your car and drive away, but where to? If you get far enough away to be safe, you will also be too far away to go back and protect your stuff left behind (if anything is left).  If I had lived there, then I would absolutely have left before the storm if at all possible.  That in itself throws a big wrench into things, because I have always counted on remaining more or less stationary and protecting what I've got.

I don't plan on moving to NO or anywhere in that region, so this particular situation is more or less a non-issue, but I think you have to also plan several steps further than just having a lot of supplies, ammo and stuff like that, all dependent on possible scenarios and geographic factors etc.  

As we can see, there are several factors that compounded the situation: First a cat-5 hurricane, then lots of water, more flooding from swollen bodies of water, and then everything is down, no water, electricity, and no phone etc.  It seems like a lot of places are under enough water that mobility is also severely reduced.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..., and that there are times when an assault rifle and lots of ammo really is the best medicine.

Pet peeve of mine...Does your AR, AK, FAL or whatever it is that you have fire in Full Auto mode? No? then you do not own an assault rifle. Assault rifles, by definition, are selective fire intermediate-power rifles with barrels no longer then 20". It's bad enough the media and anti-gun crowd misuse the term all of the time but we should know better.

I realize that an AR-15 is not an "official" assault rifle by definition. Whatever you want to call it, the anti-gunners always say "Well why does anyone need more than 10 rounds??"
Or the infamous "why does someone need a semi-automatic ???"  

While I don't think that our rights should be determined by what we need (sorry for using that dreaded word) but this particular situation does show a legitimate need for those "enquiring minds"
It's definately safe to say that they have moved beyond the "For Sporting Purposes" stage down south.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I think it's great to be prepared, but I imagine that many of us who did stockpile for SHTF situations would have been out of there and not able to get to our stuff as it would be under 10 feet of water if we lived in that area.

I wonder what I would do if I were told to evacuate and expect my stuff not to be there.  Sure, you can load all your stuff into your car and drive away, but where to? If you get far enough away to be safe, you will also be too far away to go back and protect your stuff left behind (if anything is left).  If I had lived there, then I would absolutely have left before the storm if at all possible.  That in itself throws a big wrench into things, because I have always counted on remaining more or less stationary and protecting what I've got.

I don't plan on moving to NO or anywhere in that region, so this particular situation is more or less a non-issue, but I think you have to also plan several steps further than just having a lot of supplies, ammo and stuff like that, all dependent on possible scenarios and geographic factors etc.  

As we can see, there are several factors that compounded the situation: First a cat-5 hurricane, then lots of water, more flooding from swollen bodies of water, and then everything is down, no water, electricity, and no phone etc.  It seems like a lot of places are under enough water that mobility is also severely reduced.  

Very well said bolster... You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders... Sorry about hitting you in it the other day in that 6.8SPC thread
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU LOOT...WE SHOOT

I must have this on a bumper sticker!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#46]
+1...this is a very good example. I keep my AR next to my bed and if anyone thinks that they're gonna break into my house, they've got something else coming. I think I ought to buy a case of XM193 this or next month...maybe at Knob Creek....(can't wait! )
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I do know I really have a hard time to be shooting somebody but what made me sick about it is when
the helicopters were being shot at by dumb idiots while rescuing people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Very well said bolster... You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders... Sorry about hitting you in it the other day in that 6.8SPC thread

LOL! No problem. No offense was taken either. Too bad that whole thing had to deteriorate like it did.

P.S. I do have to say that what I've seen on TV of the looters really makes me sick.  I'm detailed to Vienna (really nice place) and the European stations show a lot of footage that doesn't make CNN (the only US station we get here).  I hope those DVD players taste good and provide electrolytes to fight the dehydration they'll be experiencing soon.  The stealing guns thing- I can only hope that those who have done it will have the WORST case of dysentery!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Jackass looters/thugs shooting at rescue personnel...

Makes me think the rescue helicopters should have a sniper onboard and a "you shoot at rescue personnel, we dust your britches," policy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Just a little update for you guys...   I fly Patrol-pipeline for Exxon Mobil.  I have been flying my ass off all week and just got back home today, yet still on call and will probably be so for some time.  I spent the last two days in Baton Rouge.  This is what I saw..   I have never seen an airport that busy, it took me 35 minutes just to land, and a hour and a half to get aviation fuel, which was a $4.25 a gallon.  There were fbi, fema, military, and so many charter jet companies I can't list em all, on top of that there were tons of helicopters of all kinds.  Anyway, I got a chance to talk to lots of people.  A game warden sat down next to me at a table and was telling me how is partner had been shot  that morning in their boat by some dudes who tried to STEAL their boat.  He said he shot and killed both of them and just left them floating in the water.  At the other end of my table was a Captain in the Army, from Ft. Hood, Blackhawk pilot.  He told me they have orders not to land in the city because of shots being fired, and told us of one example where a chopper was being shot at, a blackhawk, and the guys returned fire with a SAW... The word is that they are just shooting them now cause it has gotten to that point, prolly why the military is being called in there to try and establish some order.  All of them told me the same thing, that the only people left there are 99% Black, some ederly or stranded people, good people, but most of them are just thugs or bad people.  Also, here is some food for thought on the PROTECT Yourselves subject... The prison in Nola  is empty, and the prisoners are running loose.  I personally was in Shrevreport this morning for fuel and took a taxi into town for lunch, saw two dudes in prison outfits walkin down the street.....  All in all, this situation is much worse than you are seeing on tv.  But I know that my company is doing everthing it can to get the fuel flowing again.  Almost half of the refinerys in nola are Exxon owned.  90% of the oil platforms in the gulf are either destroyed or out of service, and most of the pipelines going from the platforms to nola, and other towns on the coast are also destroyed.  They are now trying to pump the good stuff out of nola to other towns to salvage quite a bit for the fuel hungry public.  And from what I'm being told by company people, the prices are going to keep going up for some time... Sorry this is so long, just wanted to rant.. And to BOWHUNTR6PT, good luck down there and God Bless.

Brent
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top