Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 11:17:49 AM EDT
Has any one had any experiance with the olympic arms pistol caliber conversions. I noticed they have a 10mm version and I was wondering what king of mags they used. I emailed them but they have not given a reply.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the pistol caliber section - mo' better info there on this...  IIRC, they used .41AE Uzi mags and from what I heard they were hard to find, expensive and didn't have a super high capacity.  So, I'm trying to have a MP5/10 clone built which proving to be SOOOO economical...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check the pistol caliber section - mo' better info there on this...  IIRC, they used .41AE Uzi mags and from what I heard they were hard to find, expensive and didn't have a super high capacity.  So, I'm trying to have a MP5/10 clone built which proving to be SOOOO economical...

Spooky

The Oly 10mm upper uses modified .41AE UZI mags. Stock .41AE mag is not long enough front-to-back to allow full-length 10mm rounds to fit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spooky

The Oly 10mm upper uses modified .41AE UZI mags. Stock .41AE mag is not long enough front-to-back to allow full-length 10mm rounds to fit.

Do you recall how many rounds the Uzi mag held?  I just did a search and there is nothing in the last three months on the 10mm in the AR section here...  Most of the posts on the rest of the site were talking about pistol conversions...  

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spooky

Do you recall how many rounds the Uzi mag held?  I just did a search and there is nothing in the last three months on the 10mm in the AR section here...  Most of the posts on the rest of the site were talking about pistol conversions...  

Spooky

They should hold 20.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't remeber if it is the grease gun or what adapter that brownell's is selling.  The mags will feed the 10mm and are a better solution than the uzi mags.  They might only fit the Cav lower though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
i got an oly 10mm.  tk064 is right about grease gun mags.  since scherer makes 29rd mags for the glock 20/29, i'm trying to get some of my 10rd g20 mags to work in my oly 10mm.  

i gain another 400fps out of my ar
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't remeber if it is the grease gun or what adapter that brownell's is selling.  The mags will feed the 10mm and are a better solution than the uzi mags.  They might only fit the Cav lower though.

The adaptor sold by brownells will only fit in a Cav MkII lower.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks I guess I will scratch that off my list. I wonder why if they can make one that takes Glock .40 cal mags why they can not make one that takes Glock 10mm mags. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a Glock 20 or 21 and a 10mm Mec Tec CCU.  

Looks alittle weird but mine works 100% & uses standard Glock mags.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks I guess I will scratch that off my list. I wonder why if they can make one that takes Glock .40 cal mags why they can not make one that takes Glock 10mm mags. Oh well.

They probably can, but I bet the demand isn't there.

If you'd buy a complete rifle from Oly, why not buy an upper from Oly, and a CavArms lower?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:47:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I had an Oly 10mm upper for awhile.  If I am not mistaken the magazine held 18 rounds.  I only shot it a couple of times and then sold it.  It worked fine.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top