Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:47:57 PM EDT
Anyone have a pic of an A1 reciever with shell deflecter and a 16' pencil bbl and a fiberlite stock?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I got almost everything.

Same gun, different look.

A1 upper, Forward assist, no brass deflector.
Colt pencil barrel.
M4 style stock.
There may be one like you want in the picture thread.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this. This is Quib's rifle and may be close to what you are looking for.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Try this. This is Quib's rifle and may be close to what you are looking for.

Man.........what’s this place coming to when a fella can’t even post his own pics anymore!  

Here's couple more fer ya!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Lancelot actually has the look I was trying to achieve with my latest build, I just couldn’t locate a new A1 upper w/o BD so I opted for the Bushmaster A1 upper with BD.

Here are a few more of the pics that inspired me.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pics!

You know how I got my upper? I posted a note in the want to buy section of the EE. I had two offers in the first two days. The upper was $105 shipped. The slick sides are running $95 - $110.

I'd suggest you try it, but then you'd just end up building another rifle.

I also found a source for Vietnam era slings if you're interested.

Oh, and the Canadian's like it. They call it a C8.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Great pics!

You know how I got my upper? I posted a note in the want to buy section of the EE. I had two offers in the first two days. The upper was $105 shipped. The slick sides are running $95 - $110.

I'd suggest you try it, but then you'd just end up building another rifle.

I also found a source for Vietnam era slings if you're interested.

Oh, and the Canadian's like it. They call it a C8.

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bbadmin-Album-1/diemaco_c8.jpg

I’m happy with my upper and Frau Quib definitely will not go for another build at this time!

As for the Vietnam era slings, I saw some up at Jensen Arms at the time I picked up my lower, if your looking for one, I’m thinking they were around $9.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I found this one today..... kinda interesting configuration.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the pics!

Im getting a new A1 upper in a trade and think Ive decided what to do with it after these pics.

Quib: Can I ask what the numbers are on your stock?

Anyone else have great pics?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Again not mine. This one belongs to "wheelow"

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quib: Can I ask what the numbers are on your stock?

The numbers are derived from a portion of the rifles SN. I wanted to simulate military “rack numbers”.

Yea I know, I should have stayed in the Army.........my wife tells me everyday!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Right upper, wrong stock. This one belongs to "sovereign"

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
They look great, cant wait to build mine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Lancelot,

What are the specs on wheelows firearm?

Thanx.
Sammy

Quoted:
Again not mine. This one belongs to "wheelow"

img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/wheelow/Weapons/DSCN6908.jpg

Last time I talked to him, and I could be wrong so take it with a grain of it aint' mine salt.

Unknown brand upper and barrel. Although it is a lightweight. I suspect the barrel is a 1/12 Colt pencil barrel like mine. The upper is an M16A1 - forward assist, no brass deflector. He didn't know about markings on the upper, and in the pictures he's posted I can't see them. I don't know about internals.

Of course the CAR style stock, handguards and A2 grip. I just turned him on to a source for A1 grips so that may change.

And notably, his has a newer Delta ring on the handguards as opposed to the original slip ring on mine. Quib's rifle also sports the Delta ring.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:18:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And notably, his has a newer Delta ring on the handguards as opposed to the original slip ring on mine. Quib's rifle also sports the Delta ring.

Oh, lets tell EVERYBODY!  

You rubbing the D-ring bit in my face again!    I got the A1 grip coming!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, you can rub my face in the "your handguards are a BITXX to get off because of that skinny little thing. (Trust me. Even with a handguard tool, a slip ring is NOT your friend.)

I have a complete delta ring setup in the parts box. I have been THIS CLOSE to putting the thing on three times now, simply because I hate dealing with the slip ring. It look cool on this build, but that's the only reason its still on there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#18]
What mine isn't as pretty? Now I'm hurt. And or offended.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#19]
A1 upper, A-1 stock, and MIDLENGTH 16" barrel...

now, that would be SWEET!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

One of these day's I'm gonna have to buy a slabside or A1 upper w/o case deflector and stick a dissy barrel, trangular HG, A1 stock + grip, and 3 prong FH on it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So I've been told. But then again, he insisted on putting a MagPul stock on it, an a TD pistol grip.
The upper is a Bushy, and the handguards are M4 style. (Yes its a middie)( and yes it belongs to my neighbor, USMC03)

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay I admit it I'm fickle. And I have the whole weekend off.

So I looked at this picture.

And that M16 no trap door stock just showed up in the mail today. So.............

I pulled the A2 stock of one of my other lowers, and slipped this one on. Now I haven't shot it this way, and I know we live in a no-ban age where tele-stocks rule. But I gotta say, I'm intrigued by this one.

Its incredibly light, no rattles, and it shoulders great. I always did like the A1 length, and the cheekweld is better then the telestock.

Oh well, just foolin' around. I'm sure nobody else here does that, right?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Okay I admit it I'm fickle. And I have the whole weekend off.

So I looked at this picture.

st2.wz.cz/historieau/guns/m655.jpg

And that M16 no trap door stock just showed up in the mail today. So.............

I pulled the A2 stock of one of my other lowers, and slipped this one on. Now I haven't shot it this way, and I know we live in a no-ban age where tele-stocks rule. But I gotta say, I'm intrigued by this one.

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bbadmin-Album-1/CMT_CAR_025.sized.jpg

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bbadmin-Album-1/CMT_CAR_026.sized.jpg

Its incredibly light, no rattles, and it shoulders great. I always did like the A1 length, and the cheekweld is better then the telestock.

Oh well, just foolin' around. I'm sure nobody else here does that, right?

[Cartman]SWWWWEEET[/Cartman]
That looks really cool. I've always loved the A1 stock. I'd take it over the A2 anyday....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
No Lancelot, yours is beautiful, and that is my point!
Whose the manufacturer of those upper receivers?

Sammy

Quoted:
What mine isn't as pretty? Now I'm hurt. And or offended.

The upper with a foward assist and no brass deflector was an M16A1 upper. Mine is a contract upper, but I'm not sure who made it. I' trying to run down the markings now. the same upper can be found ont the SP1 uppers now being sold by CDNN. I'm not aware of anyone currently manufacturing that style of upper.

The new production bushmasters have the FA and the brass deflector. DPMS is making the same style as the Bushy and a slick side. You can find them at Brownells.

For mine, I just posted a want to buy on the want to buy section of the EE and had two offes in two days. If you want one, they're out there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
They look great, cant wait to build mine.

If you need the tools, let me know.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Wizzo, I got the tools this summer to build my A3 and have done another for a guy since then so I got it down pat. Just cant wait for all the parts to get here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Not a Bushy, my old configuration before returning to a full size SP1, when the Reflex sight was popular.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Not a Bushy, my old configuration before returning to a full size SP1, when the Reflex sight was popular.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/FALbert/Hobbies/ColtAR-15A2carbinewithTrijicon4MOAReflexsight640x480.jpg

I love it! Thanks for sharing.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top