Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:41:42 PM EDT
i built a match rifle stag lower olympic sum upper .problem is my rear pin wont push.the hole is not linig up how do i fix. thanx in advance.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be several things.

Mislocated hole in upper or lower - hard to fix.

Lug on upper is too long/big - you can file it

Low end of tolerance on holes /pins - might just need some "persuasion" use a rubber hammer.

You can also chamfer the end of the pin and the holes.

Just go slow and easy with the hammer or files.

Oh yeah - try pushing the REAR pin in Before the front one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thanx i'll try the hammer and or the file very very easssyyy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It's more than likely the upper receiver, as Oly had some rifles that had out-of-spec holes in the past. File on the upper, not the lower.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It's more than likely the upper receiver, as Oly had some rifles that had out-of-spec holes in the past. File on the upper, not the lower

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
DON'T FILE ON EITHER THE UPPER OR THE LOWER!!

Use crocus cloth on the pins. A $3.00 pin is a lot less expensive than a $100 upper or lower.

Troubleshooting tips:

Can you set either the forward or aft pin with no problems?

If you can then:

Set and seat the aft pin, then look at the forward pin hole and see how much they are off by.

It could be that the thickness of the finish is what's doing it to you.
Take a drill bit and BY HAND gently ream out the upper and the lower holes SEPERATLY.

You might also try a couple different sets of takedown pins and see if you can "mix and match" them.

Filing the holes out should be the last desperate action.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
i got it ! yeahya! thanx fellas .i took a smal piece of sand paper threw the rear hole a couple of times then a h she fit and man is it a tight fit twix the two.now on to the fun part.barrel break in....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top